X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

FTC 12" Super-Hero Body Swap?

Is there a 12" body which is a good comparable to the FTC 12" body that will fit FTC's bodysuits? The FTC 12" body has a hip issue (at least the one I have does). I think I can fix it by filling the gap in with foam to keep it from tilting too far, but I have been pondering a swap of the outfit to a different body. I had an old Blue Box Toys G3 Elite Force 12" figure -- basically Arnold Schwarzenegger in workout clothes -- that I put the FTC 12" Batsuit on. Besides the belt, it fit better than I expected, but not really ideal either.

Blue Box Body FTC Batsuit.jpg

For comparison's sake:

FTC 12-Inch Batman.jpg

The stock FTC 12" isn't so bad if you get the hip right, like I did in that picture. But putting him on a different 12" body is intriguing!

Has anyone done a FTC 12" body swap?
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

The trouble is that the FTC body is going to be taller than just about any regular 1/6 body. I have encountered two different reasons over the years for these scale bodies to have the problem you're experiencing. Sometimes it's the stringing, and sometimes there's a bed fit between the hip and pelvis. The stringing can be resolved with elastic cord; if it's the fit more will be required. I've wrapped with vinyl tape, used big heat shrink tube, a large, thin O-ring, a dremel..........

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks! On this figure, it is definitely the fit.

I ended up cutting a strip of thin foam "to fit" from a foam "sheet" that sits on top, inside electronic shipping boxes, wrapped it around the space between the hip and pelvis, taped it closed, and that has straightened the body up by keeping the waist joint from going to far to the left or right. With the suit on, it has held in place.

I bought a bunch of 12" DC figures from FTC's sale, so I will see how those bodies turned out and if they need to be fixed.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

A lot of times with FTC figures, the problem is that male part of the waist joint is too long, actually colliding with the top of the legs. All the thin 8" bodies I've gotten were like that. It sounds like that might be the problem here. Trimming or filing the bottom of the ball joint might be an option.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎