X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by Liu Bei
    I posted about it somewhere else on the forum awhile back, but if I remember right, the second wave will include Worf, Geordi, Q in Judge’s robes, Voyager 7 of 9 in silver uniform, and fake Pike & fake Spock from SNW.

The pictures leaked from some toy fair in Europe awhile back, but no official word from Playmates, and no hint yet about what ships or role-playing items to expect.
    Thank you.

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by phil
      Thank you.
      You’re more than welcome. As someone who owns most of the original Playmates line and was excited to hear of the relaunch, I know how irritating it can be trying to find updates on wave 2. There is virtually no news on it, and absolutely nothing from Playmates.

Comment

• Jase
        • Sep 22, 2021

The figures, Phaser, and Enterprise are now all on clearance at the Walmart here.

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Jase
          The figures, Phaser, and Enterprise are now all on clearance at the Walmart here.
          Picked up some extras myself. The second release of wave one figures have much better paint jobs than the initial release., so I was glad to get some for cheap.

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by Jase
            Thanks for the information.

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

I was in Walmart last night and noticed there are two versions of Spock. One is very pale and the other has a more normal flesh tone.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 27, 2007

I picked up a couple of these figures just because they're Star Trek. But the problem with the line right from the start is there is still so much product out there in mint condition from the 90's that can be had for next to nothing that these figures that were made to resemble and celebrate those now vintage figures weren't going to get much traction. And because such a huge proportion of what was sold then was to collectors, not kids, despite the vast number of units made, there just aren't enough now adults around that grew up and played with them for the nostalgia to kick in. And of course, Star Trek just doesn't lend itself to selling action figures like super heroes or Star Wars.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

Looks like Enterprise D (with removable saucer) and TOS communicator will be coming so glad to have gotten some word on the line. (from toynewsi)

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎