Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's it going, Maann! ( A rant of sorts)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    I actually prefer the store workers to leave me alone. If I need help, I'll find someone and ask. I usually just wander the store until I find what I'm looking for.
    I'm the same way, although I usually shop the same stores, so I have a rough idea of the lay of the land and where to find what I'm looking for.

I also use the self checkout, so I don't have any contact with the employees at all.
    I usually try to use the checkouts with a cashier at them, especially when grocery shopping. I'd never take a semi-large or large grocery order thru the self checkout-A small "loaf of bread/gallon of milk order", those I'll take thru, but big orders, I try to avoid. At both grocery stores I shop, they have someone at them, to help with any issues that might arise, and they usually greet you anyway, so there's really no way of avoiding employees (around here anyway). I like that one of the grocery stores I go to has a 'You Bag' line, where the cashier runs everything thru, takes the coupons and whatever else, but the customer bags the stuff themselves-I prefer bagging my own stuff, so that works for me.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

I actually prefer the store workers to leave me alone. If I need help, I'll find someone and ask. I usually just wander the store until I find what I'm looking for. I also use the self checkout, so I don't have any contact with the employees at all.
      This is why I order everything online from my windowless, underground bunker. I've set up a speaker on my front lawn that randomly shouts out for kids to get off my lawn so I don't have to open my portal.

Originally posted by ODBJBG
      A few years ago my wife and I went into Abercrombie to buy a shirt.

"What's up?" says the person folding jeans at the front of the store.
      Many gnarly neon moons ago, I worked at The Gap in high school. We were always cycling through the latest corporate-dictated comment. I remember getting in trouble for not asking people "Do you want socks with that?" I figured if someone wanted socks, they'd ask for them or somehow figured to lift them off the peg dangling pairs in front of them.

And let me part by giving the Disney-demanded farewell, "Have a magical day!"
      Last edited by Wee67; Sep 1, '22, 8:36 AM.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2019

I actually prefer the store workers to leave me alone. If I need help, I'll find someone and ask. I usually just wander the store until I find what I'm looking for. I also use the self checkout, so I don't have any contact with the employees at all.
        Same for me.
        Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Don't worry if you wind up at the grocery store where I work. I usually just stand and watch to see whatever stupid stuff people will do.

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by jwyblejr
            Don't worry if you wind up at the grocery store where I work. I usually just stand and watch to see whatever stupid stuff people will do.
            Self checkout attendant?

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

I work dairy/frozen. It's usually the people standing on the bottom of the shelves trying to get to the stuff on the top of the shelf. They see me working in the aisle and never ask me for help.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                I work dairy/frozen. It's usually the people standing on the bottom of the shelves trying to get to the stuff on the top of the shelf. They see me working in the aisle and never ask me for help.
                It's embarrassing to be short. We short people would rather climb the shelving than ask an employee for help.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎