• Jun 16, 2001

Some bible greatness for 60 bucks

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

That seems like a Rod and Todd gift , it's a toy but a very boring and lifeless one.

That being said the David and Goliath or Johan and the Whale �� sets are pretty cool.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I saw them all at a local flea market in my teens, it was a religious booth and i remember being slightly torn. I was there looking for Mego figures and technically they were but also, so lame.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I saw them at a Christian Bookstore in the late 80s, and was tempted to buy them to customize. But it felt kind of blasphemous, ya know? ;-)
        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          I saw them at a Christian Bookstore in the late 80s, and was tempted to buy them to customize. But it felt kind of blasphemous, ya know? ;-)
          That would be the dilemna I would have had about playing with them as a kid. Fortunately, I never got such gifts from any family.

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

I like the Samson action figure. He looks like he would fit right in with the Justice League. I also like the David and Goliath figures, too.

tumblr_p4j159wfpC1wcw51yo1_1280.jpg

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^He looks a bit like Harry Hamilin's Perseus from Clash of the Titans!

The Global Guardian Seraph (first introduced in the Super Friends comic) would be the perfect DC hero to made from one of these. And, not blasphemous! ;-)

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

You're right on both counts, Chris and Chad used Samson as a base for his Perseus.

The Win Wee figures are mostly Teen Titan-sized IIRC, but they match the vintage Mego Bronze skin-tone. The Samson buff torso and uppers arms are compatible with vintage T2 part.s and I've used them on a few customs like Tarzan and Conan. I have a couple more set back for Hawkman, etc.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I just don't get that stuff. Same as those US President dolls. It's like a kid asking for a GI JOE for Birthday and getting a Ben Franklin or asking for He-Man and getting King Solomon. It's a punishment, not a present.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^If you were raised in a VERY religious family that heavily censored what toys you were allowed to buy, maybe you would consider them "cool"?

I'm sure there's someone out there who was only allowed to play with stuff like this, watch Bible Man, etc.
                    sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

^If you were raised in a VERY religious family that heavily censored what toys you were allowed to buy, maybe you would consider them "cool"?

I'm sure there's someone out there who was only allowed to play with stuff like this, watch Bible Man, etc.
                      I never thought of it that way, you make a very good point.

Comment

• RonnyG
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 23, 2014

True. My cousin married a man who was from a very religious family, so my cousin had to censor what type of shows and movies her little girls could watch, which meant no magic or witchcraft, so that ruled out Harry Potter and Monster High, etc. I wasn't that close to them because they lived on the other side of the country so I really don't know what type of toys they played with, but I imagine Career Girl Barbie was safe--as long as she wasn't a fairy.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                          Permanent Member
                          • Sep 15, 2014

Very well said, Chris. My cousin was raised that way, his only action figure was the Sports action star that looked like Apollo Credd. I believe made by the same company made Sun man.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Not really a fan of individual bible heroes (no play value)

Now if Marx got in the game I would seriously get a few bible playsets including …

1. Noah's Ark playset (Must including silly Unicorns)

2. Moses parting of the Red Sea playset (must including likeness of Charlton Heston)

3. Jesus riding an *** into Jerusalem (battery-remote-controlled ***)

Comment

• tatsunokofan
                              • Dec 5, 2019

Originally posted by Mikey
                              Not really a fan of individual bible heroes (no play value)

Now if Marx got in the game I would seriously get a few bible playsets including …

1. Noah's Ark playset (Must including silly Unicorns)
                              Well, it's not by Marx, but Arco did have a nice Noah's Ark set back in the day.

Arco Noah's Ark 1.jpg

You could pick up pairs of animals when you got gas at Arco stations.

While we were hardly big on religious toys, these were cute and fun enough that my sister and I enjoyed getting them when we were kids. No unicorns, though.

James

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎