Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Some bible greatness for 60 bucks

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 20, 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    7,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    ^If you were raised in a VERY religious family that heavily censored what toys you were allowed to buy, maybe you would consider them "cool"?

    I'm sure there's someone out there who was only allowed to play with stuff like this, watch Bible Man, etc.
    I never thought of it that way, you make a very good point.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 23, 2014
    Posts
    830
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    ^If you were raised in a VERY religious family that heavily censored what toys you were allowed to buy, maybe you would consider them "cool"?

    I'm sure there's someone out there who was only allowed to play with stuff like this, watch Bible Man, etc.
    True. My cousin married a man who was from a very religious family, so my cousin had to censor what type of shows and movies her little girls could watch, which meant no magic or witchcraft, so that ruled out Harry Potter and Monster High, etc. I wasn't that close to them because they lived on the other side of the country so I really don't know what type of toys they played with, but I imagine Career Girl Barbie was safe--as long as she wasn't a fairy.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 15, 2014
    Posts
    2,685
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    ^If you were raised in a VERY religious family that heavily censored what toys you were allowed to buy, maybe you would consider them "cool"?

    I'm sure there's someone out there who was only allowed to play with stuff like this, watch Bible Man, etc.
    Very well said, Chris. My cousin was raised that way, his only action figure was the Sports action star that looked like Apollo Credd. I believe made by the same company made Sun man.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 9, 2001
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    47,054
    Images
    121
    Not really a fan of individual bible heroes (no play value)

    Now if Marx got in the game I would seriously get a few bible playsets including …

    1. Noah's Ark playset (Must including silly Unicorns)

    2. Moses parting of the Red Sea playset (must including likeness of Charlton Heston)

    3. Jesus riding an *** into Jerusalem (battery-remote-controlled ***)

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Not really a fan of individual bible heroes (no play value)

    Now if Marx got in the game I would seriously get a few bible playsets including

    1. Noah's Ark playset (Must including silly Unicorns)
    Well, it's not by Marx, but Arco did have a nice Noah's Ark set back in the day.

    Arco Noah's Ark 1.jpg

    You could pick up pairs of animals when you got gas at Arco stations.

    While we were hardly big on religious toys, these were cute and fun enough that my sister and I enjoyed getting them when we were kids. No unicorns, though.

    James

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 14, 2003
    Location
    Netherworld
    Posts
    14,197
    Images
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by tatsunokofan View Post
    No unicorns, though.
    To heck with that. No Unicorns no want.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 22, 2015
    Posts
    1,393
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by tatsunokofan View Post
    While we were hardly big on religious toys, these were cute and fun enough that my sister and I enjoyed getting them when we were kids. No unicorns, though.
    You bring up a good point. Noah's Ark is the ONE "religious toy" that I would have been interested in as a kid. My niece had a Fisher Price Noah's Ark when she was a wee one in the early 2000's and it saw a lot of play because she loved anything featuring animals.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 9, 2001
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    47,054
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by tatsunokofan View Post
    Well, it's not by Marx, but Arco did have a nice Noah's Ark set back in the day.

    Arco Noah's Ark 1.jpg

    You could pick up pairs of animals when you got gas at Arco stations.

    While we were hardly big on religious toys, these were cute and fun enough that my sister and I enjoyed getting them when we were kids. No unicorns, though.

    James
    Arco,

    Had them,

    My older sis got me an animal set everytime she filled up her gasstank

    In the end, the owner was a super ripoff

    Charged her insane amount for a oil change just to get the ship itself

    Arco, you should be ashamed at yourself

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •