X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Bruce Timm's New Batman Series Scrapped at HBO Max

This seems to follow the CEO saying they would be cutting investment into animated and "kids" stuff.

‘Batman: Caped Crusader’ Series Not Moving Forward At HBO Max
    Batman: Caped Crusader, an animated series from executive producers Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams and Matt Reeves, will not be moving at HBO Max.

Batman: Caped Crusader, an animated series from executive producers Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams and Matt Reeves, will not be moving forward at HBO Max, sources have confirmed to Deadline. It is among six animated projects, along with family action comedy Merry Little Batman, The Day the Earth Blew Up: A Looney Toons Movie, Bye Bye Bunny: A Looney Toons Musical, Did I Do That to the Holidays: A Steve Urkel Story and The Amazing World of Gumball: The Movie (working title) that will no longer be produced by HBO Max but will be shopped, sources say.

They are among dozens of titles have been cut or removed from the streaming service as Warner Bros Discovery continues its cost-cutting measures and ahead of the merger of the HBO Max and Discovery+ services next year.

Batman: Caped Crusader was given a straight-to-series order in May 2021. The reimagining of the Batman mythology was produced by Warner Bros Animation, Bad Robot Productions and 6th & Idaho and marked Batman: The Animated Series producer Timm’s return to Batman in animated episodic series.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

It will not be shown on HBO Max, it is still in production, and will be shopped to other networks. It was also set to air on Cartoon Network. This is a little different than some of the others they scrapped, where production was halted.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by MRP
      It will not be shown on HBO Max, it is still in production, and will be shopped to other networks. It was also set to air on Cartoon Network. This is a little different than some of the others they scrapped, where production was halted.

-M
      Thanks for the clarification. I'm a little more hopeful now. Is Warner Bros Discovery still funding the series?
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

Crap... The Amazing World of Gumball is a great show, I hope it finds a home somewhere else.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Wee67
          Thanks for the clarification. I'm a little more hopeful now. Is Warner Bros Discovery still funding the series?
          They are making it and shopping it is all I know. Now, what they do if the offers they get aren't what they want or they can't find a buyer, I don't know, all I heard was confirmation it was still in production and would be stopped. Since WB was the one producing it, I assume they still are, but again, all I know is what I read form confirmed sources.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

This is why I cashed out my WB stock when the merger was mentioned. If you want to make money WB banks on Batman. So a new Bruce Timm Batman cartoon sounds like the golden ticket. The amount of merchandise you can sell off of this alone should make the difference.
            Last edited by monitor_ep; Aug 24, '22, 8:26 AM.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

With JJ Abrams and Matt Reeves involvement it doesn’t break my heart all that much.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                With JJ Abrams and Matt Reeves involvement it doesn’t break my heart all that much.
                Agreed.
                sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Hulu and Disney wants it.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢