X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SWCWorld
    Museum Patron
    • Aug 10, 2011

14" Megos?

Let me go on record that I love the new style bodies for the 14" Mego figures introduced about this time last year. The nine released were all great; I have eight (the three monsters, three DC figures, and two of the Treks), and the body is just so much better than the "Target" bodies from 2018-19. The reason for my post? There was a pic posted sometime last year about an upcoming Christopher Lee (Dracula) 14" figure prototype head, yet since then, no new 14" releases or really news. So are the 14" figures a "dead" issue at this point, especially with the introduction of the new bandless 8" body on many of the Topps and Wave 15 figures?

Like many of you, when I think of Mego, I think of 8" (and that's what I grew up with in the 1970s), but I also like the 14" larger figures because I am an old school late 1960s-early 1970s GI Joe and Johnny West series collector, and so other than Megos, my figures were always "larger."
  • Robert_Anthony
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 5, 2015

I have the Superman and Shazam 14-inchers...and they are AWESOMENESS. Wish they would've done female figures.

Comment

• SWCWorld
      Museum Patron
      • Aug 10, 2011

The new bodies articulation are terrific. The proportion is also so much better than the "Target" versions. The Batman is an incredible figure, and although I didn't think so at the time I ordered, I think the Dracula figure is just so very well done. I was hoping that Mego would do more "classic" Universal and other Monsters (Mummy, London After Midnight, Wolfman come to mind) and also expand into the Planet of the Apes realm in 14"

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Robert_Anthony
        I have the Superman and Shazam 14-inchers...and they are AWESOMENESS. Wish they would've done female figures.
        They did Poison Ivy, Wonder Woman, Harley, and Batgirl the first time around.

I don't think the 14" line is dead or they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of tooling the second generation of the body.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

From what I understand, the 14" line is still very much in play.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎