X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

Superman… again

I’ve made 10-15 of these over the years, but made the mistake of selling the one from my collection several years ago. Glad to have another one on the shelf.

63080112-4A18-4515-95FE-FEFB7B86BECE.jpg

87B85342-7C25-40AF-BA4A-11949A8F7DC3.jpg
    Fresh, not from concentrate.
  • battmasterson
    Career Member
    • Dec 22, 2010

Very Nice! I like the Alex Ross look.

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Nice job on him...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

So nice--love all the details including how you've folded his cape.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 28, 2013

Love the style you use. That is your own body design, right? Did you stick with the same resin since you did your first versions?

Comment

• boss
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 18, 2003

^ Thanks. yes, it’s my muscle body design. I’ve used Smooth-On resin for the past 15 years with Aluminite dye to get the skin tone. The only paint is for the hair and eyes. I’ve gone through 2-3 sets of molds.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 28, 2013

It is a great design. I always envisioned modern Mego in this vein, but I understand it would look out of place next to the standard. Smooth-On makes some great product. I occasionally buy something else out of curiosity but mostly stick within their various lines. Have you checked out Robert Tolone on Youtube? He has some great videos on moldmaking. https://www.youtube.com/c/roberttolone
              Adjusting some of my processes to match his has saved me a lot of time for cleaning up flash. I would love to have a pressure pot setup like he has instead of trying to get the nuts down on my paint-pot before the resin gels.

Comment

• boss
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 18, 2003

I have not seen his videos. I try to degas my mold material under a vacuum before pouring. I have a pressure pot for casting, too. It really makes for a cleaner end result.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                  Year Five!!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

Nice job! its always great replacing a lost figure. I personally keep at least 1 of everyone I make now - i think we all have sold/traded one we wish we never did - so thats why I make sure to always keep at least 1
                  also great to see boss art back in the game
                  "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎