Thread: Superman… again

Images

Custom Superman… again

I’ve made 10-15 of these over the years, but made the mistake of selling the one from my collection several years ago. Glad to have another one on the shelf.

63080112-4A18-4515-95FE-FEFB7B86BECE.jpg

87B85342-7C25-40AF-BA4A-11949A8F7DC3.jpg
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Images
    Very Nice! I like the Alex Ross look.

Nice job on him...

Images
    So nice--love all the details including how you've folded his cape.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Love the style you use. That is your own body design, right? Did you stick with the same resin since you did your first versions?

Images
    ^ Thanks. yes, it’s my muscle body design. I’ve used Smooth-On resin for the past 15 years with Aluminite dye to get the skin tone. The only paint is for the hair and eyes. I’ve gone through 2-3 sets of molds.

It is a great design. I always envisioned modern Mego in this vein, but I understand it would look out of place next to the standard. Smooth-On makes some great product. I occasionally buy something else out of curiosity but mostly stick within their various lines. Have you checked out Robert Tolone on Youtube? He has some great videos on moldmaking. https://www.youtube.com/c/roberttolone
    Adjusting some of my processes to match his has saved me a lot of time for cleaning up flash. I would love to have a pressure pot setup like he has instead of trying to get the nuts down on my paint-pot before the resin gels.

Images
    I have not seen his videos. I try to degas my mold material under a vacuum before pouring. I have a pressure pot for casting, too. It really makes for a cleaner end result.

Images
    Nice job! its always great replacing a lost figure. I personally keep at least 1 of everyone I make now - i think we all have sold/traded one we wish we never did - so thats why I make sure to always keep at least 1
    also great to see boss art back in the game
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"