X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Jordan (Jonathan Kent) Elsass not returning for Superman & Lois S3

Well, this bites. I liked the actor and his chemistry with his onscreen family. Recasting is never easy, and the actors and creatives have really sold the family dynamic on this show.

Hopefully whatever his personal reasons are, he gets them straightened out.

Warner Bros. Television has released a statement announcing that Jordan Elsass will not be returning for Season 3 of "Superman & Lois," with the role of Jonathan Kent to be recast. "Jordan Elsass has notified the Studio that he will not be returning to Superman & Lois for season 3 due to personal reasons. The
    sigpic
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

He's an anti-vaxxer and does not want to follow the comic books where his character came out.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Deadline mentions the vaccination angle, but nothing on the coming out possibility. As established, I'm not sure they would go in that direction with this version of the character anyway.

UPDATED: Superman & Lois series regular Jordan Elsass will not be returning for the upcoming third season of the CW’s DC series. As a result, his role, Jonathan Kent, will be recast. The decision was made after Texas native Elsass did not report back to work by the deadline given to the cast to reconvene […]
      sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Read this in another trade. This is one of the few Arrow-verse shows I'm still with. I have to admit, the kid-focused drama can become a bit much for me. In my eyes, the actors are not at fault. It's just a bit too CW for me. I am out of the demo, however.

I wonder how the Nexstar takeover of the CW might affect the shows. CW will continue with scripted programming through the 2023/24 season, but given Nexstar's leadership and their desire to go national, I have to assume Nexstar will take the wheel.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by monitor_ep
          He's an anti-vaxxer and does not want to follow the comic books where his character came out.
          Interesting. Even though it's not the Superman show I want it's still the best cw show by alot. It won't be the same with Johnathan. Also how confusing is it that a Jordan plays Johnathan instead of Jordan.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

The show itself was confusing from the beginning. They should have started from the beginning that this was NOT part of Arrowverse Earthprime. It would have helped understand why Supergirl or any other heroes/villains were not mentioned and explained that hole in the ground they called the Fortress Of Solitude.

It's still confusing with the twins not having Jonathan have powers but instead a dumb jock. That bothered me more than anything, Jonathan born of Kal-El & Lois Lane should have been smarter than the writer gave him.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

i've never watched the show. i hear now that he may quit acting altogether though

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

The show itself was confusing from the beginning. They should have started from the beginning that this was NOT part of Arrowverse Earthprime. It would have helped understand why Supergirl or any other heroes/villains were not mentioned and explained that hole in the ground they called the Fortress Of Solitude.

It's still confusing with the twins not having Jonathan have powers but instead a dumb jock. That bothered me more than anything, Jonathan born of Kal-El & Lois Lane should have been smarter than the writer gave him.
                As a parent, I can tell you, your kids don't always turn out as a combination of two parents. They have their own personalities. It makes perfect sense to me that they have a kid like Jonathan who they struggle with understanding somewhat. I wouldn't say he was a dumb jock either. It was a nice wrinkle that they developed Jonathan as the "star" kid, but he's the one who gets passed over for the powers. There's lots of stories to explore from that. Will he become his own hero? Will he go the villainous route like Joel Kent in John Byrne's Superman/Batman: Generations?

Jordan Elsaas did comment on a Cameo video on why he's leaving, and it sounds like it is actually due to some mental health problems he has. Good on him for taking care of himself, if he felt that acting on the show was not beneficial to his health.

Jordan Elsass has shed some light on why he decided not to return to play Jonathan Kent for Season 3 of "Superman & Lois" via a Cameo video. "It's been a tough few weeks, as you might imagine, with everything going on with the show," explains Elsass in the video. "It's sad, it's a real

Not sure about the fan sharing this Cameo video though. That seems a bit wrong.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎