Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who were your favorite sports teams growing up?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shaunaconda
    Museum Super Collector
    • Mar 29, 2020

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
    We had a wipping thread on here a few years ago. I believe all the Superbowls survived. Superbowl 2 was incomplete for a while. I also thought super bowl V wasn't available but that isn't the case now.

I think for reel collectors the undiscovered gems are still the missing Avengers and Doctor Who episodes.

All Super Bowls exist except I & II for now. SB I is supposed to be in the hands of a private collector. I guess it’s gonna take big $ to get it out there. SB II from what I know doesn’t exist at all, other than rumors. For a long time only the 2nd quarter existed of Super Bowl V. But a couple years ago more footage came out. It’s still missing the 4th quarter though.

Recently I just got a complete color version of SB IV.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

You can watch SB I and II on youtube, SB V is also on youtube but I think the 4th quater is audio only.

I also love watching old school sports from 50’s - 80’s, World Series and NBA games since now the game is played in a different style and traveling seems to be okay.

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by TrekStar
        I also love watching old school sports from 50’s - 80’s, World Series and NBA games since now the game is played in a different style and traveling seems to be okay.
        Indeed! Last time I watched an NBA game, the Eighth Grader in me was waiting for Coach to start hollering and make them run laps for traveling.

Comment

• shaunaconda
          Museum Super Collector
          • Mar 29, 2020

Originally posted by TrekStar
          You can watch SB I and II on youtube, SB V is also on youtube but I think the 4th quater is audio only.

Yes SB I & II are on YouTube. But I’m talking about the actual network broadcast that doesn’t exist. The footage on YouTube is a merge of game film and some highlight footage, with either the radio or network audio. The NFL Network put out a merge of SB I a few years ago, but it’s not the actual original broadcast.

Comment

• pennywise
            • Jul 11, 2020

New York Mets

Amazing Mets

Miracle Mets

1969 & 1986

2022 Mets!!

Comment

• pennywise
              • Jul 11, 2020

Darryl Strawberry was my Mets favorite.

Also loved Tom Seaver back in the day.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

I've been watching Legacy on Hulu.
                This is how you do championship team reunion:1985 Lakers
                Every player was given their credit and everyone looked happy to be there.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎