Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I saw the Matte spray fix on the Ambassadors too. Thanks !It is a striking difference. I plan to make a pitstop on the way home tonight and try it on a FTC head I am using for a Star Spangled Kid custom. That shiny head is irritating.

Comment

• nubee
      Career Member
      • Feb 15, 2010

Anyone concern about the durability of the backpack straps? The gummy plastic feels very flimsy to me. Aside from the gummy plastic I am very satisfied with my purchase. They appear to be on the same body as Wave 15 and not on that Topps Sidekick body.

Comment

• zeedox
        Career Member
        • Aug 10, 2007

Similar to the Megos?

gbset2__09856.jpg
        Similar to the Megos?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Unfortunately, these are on the smaller Topps sized bodies. Here's a picture with the Topps Black Adam figure. Same size.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by powersthatbe
            I compared a ghostbuster to my new robed Spock and they seem the same size.
            I don't have a robed Spock, but the Ghostbusters are on the smaller body, so maybe the Trek legs are shorter than the regular legs.

Comment

• PB
              • Jul 2, 2021

The heels on the Star Trek boot legs (for the new bodies) seem to be making Quark a little taller on my shelf.

zeedox, I picked up those 12” Hasbro too. The head sculpts must pull from the same digital file, same exact likenesses and hair placement on all four characters.

Comment

• nubee
                Career Member
                • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                Unfortunately, these are on the smaller Topps sized bodies. Here's a picture with the Topps Black Adam figure. Same size.

Many thanks for the clarification. (I swear the GB r on the Wave 15 body..this will teach me a lesson and not try and look at things and expect clarity after midnight.)

I still like em, shiny heads and all. For the superheroes, that Topps aka Sidekick body is horrible. I'm not thrilled with the Wave 15 body either...it's still smaller when compared to a regular Mego body.

Comment

• CAZAFANTASMA
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2, 2013

Originally posted by MIB41
                  On the examples I'm showing here, I using a brush on process over a spray because I like controlling the amount of sealant that I apply. In this instance I used Mod Podge Matte sealer which is great alternative if you want to leave the outfits on and just apply directly to the head without having to tape/mask any parts of the figure.

It really takes the edge off any gleam the heads came with and makes them fit nicely with any other Mego's you have in your collection. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for your tip! I will try it out! Awesome shot at the end. Just remember the blaster on Egon is upside down, The tip should point to the ground.
                  My EPIC FOR SALE threat ! http://megomuseum.com/community/show...oys-Real-nice!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher

Big Noggin on Winston!! Maybe that's to make up for the height issue??
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• tatsunokofan
                      • Dec 5, 2019

Hi all!

A bit of a warning for those who have their figures displayed wearing their proton packs. A friend of mine had his out on display for 2~3 days, then decided to take the pack off to check something on it. As he was removing the pack, he noticed that the strap that went over the screen printed name tag on the jumpsuit had begun to adhere to that name tag. Fortunately, it came off without damaging either the strap or the name tag, but that was after just a few days of being in contact with each other. If he'd left it for a few months or a year before moving that strap, the name tag might not have fared so well!

So, if you have your figures wearing their proton packs, you might want to check for this. You've been warned...

James

Comment

• nubee
                        Career Member
                        • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by tatsunokofan
                        Hi all!

A bit of a warning for those who have their figures displayed wearing their proton packs. A friend of mine had his out on display for 2~3 days, then decided to take the pack off to check something on it. As he was removing the pack, he noticed that the strap that went over the screen printed name tag on the jumpsuit had begun to adhere to that name tag. Fortunately, it came off without damaging either the strap or the name tag, but that was after just a few days of being in contact with each other. If he'd left it for a few months or a year before moving that strap, the name tag might not have fared so well!

So, if you have your figures wearing their proton packs, you might want to check for this. You've been warned...

James
                        I checked mine GB figures. They seem ok....for now. I'm sorry this happened to your GB. Perhaps your environment accelerated the aging process?

Comment

• zeedox
                          Career Member
                          • Aug 10, 2007

More Ghostbusters?

Who would be next? KeyMaster, GateKeeper, Jeanine, and Slimer?

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎