X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nubee
    Career Member
    • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    Are these on the original smaller bandless bodies like the G.I. Joe figures and Topps are, or are they on the corrected newer body like wave 15 is?
    Ditto. I like to know the same.

I guess I will personally find out inna few days if no one comments on this matter.

Comment

• Orion1
      • Apr 7, 2010

Got my set today in the mail. I don't like the Hasbro/Mego Heads. Looks like new Hasbro tech. The sculpts are fine, but Hasbro - as seen on most of their Black Series Star Wars figures is using a glossy paint sealer or something. Makes it look like the figures went for a swim or are drenched in sweat - Much too shiny for me. I prefer the OG Mego soft rubber vinyl heads to these.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Are they the smaller or fixed new bodies? I really need to know...

Comment

• PB
          • Jul 2, 2021

They packed mine in a huge box, surprisingly there wasn’t any significant damage from sliding around in the there. They do look good, just as advertised. Might change out the matching tan elbow pads for a grey and repaint the belts. I know Mego has never been about 100 percent accuracy but my gripe is the “boys in grey” are all too tan.

Wish I could help verify the bodies but I have nothing to compare to except the Batman Beyond.

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

The pockets and stuff look worse than the Mattel versions. Too thick material. I dunno this one feels like a pretty big miss.

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I compared a ghostbuster to my new robed Spock and they seem the same size.

Comment

• PB
                • Jul 2, 2021

I too am now missing the flat finished vinyl heads of the past. I’m not against the product evolving to a new body but this set is certainly not made to look like a product circa 1984, except for the packaging.

Recently opened a Quark, who is also on the new body, but with Star Trek boot legs I still can’t get a baseline on the new body height.

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

Got mine today. They look great. Very nice details. I’d also prefer a matte finish for the heads but I knew that was coming based on photos.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Just a heads up, you can spray a matte finish on them that will give that desired look. One member of Ambassadors already did it and the results were impressive. I'm getting mine today and was planning on doing that anyway, so I will share the results when I get done. Before and after shots.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                      Just a heads up, you can spray a matte finish on them that will give that desired look. One member of Ambassadors already did it and the results were impressive. I'm getting mine today and was planning on doing that anyway, so I will share the results when I get done. Before and after shots.
                      Thank you for sharing that info....Look forward to seeing your before and after pics.

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

Got these in the post today! The heads are indeed a bit shiny. The matte spray idea looks to be a winner tho. The packaging is a pretty cool set up. The slipcover and no plastic window is brilliant. Not sure if that would last or work at a retail store, but for the mail order system, it is great.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

On the examples I'm showing here, I using a brush on process over a spray because I like controlling the amount of sealant that I apply. In this instance I used Mod Podge Matte sealer which is great alternative if you want to leave the outfits on and just apply directly to the head without having to tape/mask any parts of the figure.

The following are before and after pics.

It really takes the edge off any gleam the heads came with and makes them fit nicely with any other Mego's you have in your collection. Hope this helps.

Last edited by MIB41; Sep 15, '22, 1:12 PM.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                            I compared a ghostbuster to my new robed Spock and they seem the same size.
                            Perhaps in general.

But each of the figures have a distinctly different head size.

Winston's head is bigger overall.

Ray's head is smaller but seems to be more "normal".

Egon's head seems the smallest.

Peter has a larger head.

I get that not everyone has the same size head in real life and there would be some variation, but I feel it's pretty obvious on these figures. Your mileage may vary.

Oddly this issue has cropped up in the GB figures before in other lines, but I think this might be the most glaring example.

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                              It really takes the edge off any gleam the heads came with and makes them fit nicely with any other Mego's you have in your collection. Hope this helps.
                              Yes, that makes a huge difference. Thanks for sharing this trick.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 24, 2007

Wow !!! Incredible work of taking out the gleam from the head sculpts. I will try to follow your same formula....Much Appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎