X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Mego Ghostbusters?

Any updates the Ghostbusters? I am surprised they didn't show them off somewhere...
  • PB
    • Jul 2, 2021

I have one preordered, no update since the first email confirmation that says shipping on or about November of this year.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

My account says "Item Shipping Soon" and the ship date is estimated for 9/9/2022.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

I just got charged for my Ghostbusters preorder.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Me too. Nice timing for me.

Comment

• tatsunokofan
            • Dec 5, 2019

I was charged for mine as well, so I assume it will ship fairly soon.

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I as well. I actually forgot about them so it's a nice surprise to look forward to.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Just got that email. Fantastic figures to get in just before halloween season!

Comment

• rykerw1701
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                  I as well. I actually forgot about them so it's a nice surprise to look forward to.
                  Yeah I did too. I saw the email and it was like "ooooh yeah. I did order those." Now I'm looking forward to them all over again.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

I got that scary email letting m know there was a problem with my payment method. I forgot to update my expired card. As soon as I did, I was charged and status has changed to PAID.

I haven't done a big holiday display at work in a while. Maybe this year I will do one for Halloween and incorporate the Mego Ghostbusters into it.

Comment

• PB
                      • Jul 2, 2021

Likewise, received a shipping notification. Let the reviews begin.

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Just arrived! It may have been a long wait, but at least they shipped these fast once they were ready!

I haven't had a chance to even bust them out of the package, but I will give you this one instant impression... While the others 3 figures are in full display, Winston is half covered up by the side of the box. That seems oddly on "on brand" though. Poor Winston, always the forgotten Ghostbuster...

Comment

• Jadeb
                          • Feb 7, 2021

Mine just came too. Haven’t freed them from the box yet, but they present very well. The sculpts do a great job capturing the characters. Bill’s head isn’t square enough — the face is a bit too long and the chin a bit too heroic — but the sculpt still manages to convey Venkman’s smirky personality. The other three are on point, and Danny’s likeness is particularly good. Of the four, Ray and Egon are my favorites.

I’ve considered a lot of Ghostbusters figs in the past, from Mattel to Mezco to Blitzway, but I like these portraits as well as any, if not better. Until now, Blitzway’s portraits were my favorite, even though their Murray was also off. I think I actually prefer these, with their likable expressions, and I certainly prefer paying $81 shipped versus $900+.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Are these on the original smaller bandless bodies like the G.I. Joe figures and Topps are, or are they on the corrected newer body like wave 15 is?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                              Are these on the original smaller bandless bodies like the G.I. Joe figures and Topps are, or are they on the corrected newer body like wave 15 is?
                              The short body along with the breakage issues are why I cancelled my GB order.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎