X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Kingdom Come the Movie

Has this been discussed as a movie by DC? Has it been done in animated form?

Along with just being a great story, it would be a great meta metaphor for DC saying the darker, grittier superhero story is not the best route for their non-Batman heroes and embracing their more optimistic, brighter stories. And it would do it in a way that allows for complex, flawed heroes while redeeming the hero. PLUS, today's digital technology would allow a lot of the storylines.

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^I think it's been mentioned, but as far as I know, no serious movement was ever made to produce it. Personally, I'd love to see it in an animation style that tried to mimic Ross' work. Maybe take an "Into the Spider-Verse" approach and rethink how animation can be done in that regard.

Of course we got Brandon Routh playing a Superman who was equal parts Christopher Reeve and his own Superman Returns continuity with developments and a costume straight out of KC in the CW Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover.
    sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Personally, I'd love to see it in an animation style that tried to mimic Ross' work. Maybe take an "Into the Spider-Verse" approach and rethink how animation can be done in that regard.
      I'd love to see today's digital capabilities to try and reproduce Ross' style done with an updated version of the rotoscoping used in Tarzan, lord of the Jungle series. Is that what allowed Tarzan's realistic movement?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, Filmation rotoscoped main action sequences on a lot of shows from the 70s to the 80s. Tarzan, New Adventures of Batman, Flash Gordon, He-Man & MOTU etc.

The Fleischer Studio and early Disney did a lot of that too. It would be a great way to do it. Heck, use Ross' models!
        sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          ^Yeah, Filmation rotoscoped main action sequences on a lot of shows from the 70s to the 80s. Tarzan, New Adventures of Batman, Flash Gordon, He-Man & MOTU etc.

The Fleischer Studio and early Disney did a lot of that too. It would be a great way to do it. Heck, use Ross' models!
          Let's do it!! This is too good an idea to let die!

I've got $14.28, an expired Ground Round gift card and some old subway tokens. How much can it cost?!?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎