Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DougJr
    • Nov 2, 2021

Newbie with probable often asked questions

Hey, I'm sure it's been mentioned a thousand times but I just can't find it. Head swaps on those Figures figures? I have seen several videos but everything is Mego. Are they about the same in that respect? I'm a pretty big fan of the Batman '66 show and those figures have renewed my love for this type of action figure. Loved those Megos way back when but only had DC characters. Thanks and I apologize again for asking something that's probably been asked several times over. I'm sure it won't be the last, lol
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Welcome DougJr!

Figures Toy Company uses a vintage Mego style "male" neck plug. So the heads can easily be removed and put on a different body. I recommend heating the head by dunking it in some hot water for about 15-30 seconds before trying to remove, as it softens the vinyl and reduces the chance of damaging the head.

Note that when Mego Corp returned a few years ago, they had a new "female" style of neck plug, so those heads remove differently and can't be used with Figures Toys parts without some more invasive customization.

Also note that Batman and Robin use a special adapter for their hero gloves and boots. So swapping those will require a little extra work to swap out the wrists and ankles. Not sure if that is something you need to do, but we could probably talk you through that as well.

Hopefully that helps. If not, I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

Comment

• DougJr
      • Nov 2, 2021

Thanks so much!! Helps a bunch! I was worried I'd end up ruining a figure trying to do my usual "bull in a china shop" method

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I had bought the 66 Joker in window box, I swapped the body to an original Mego Riddler body which had purple gloves, no issues.

I need to get a boxed Penguin and swap it onto the original Mego Penguin body, and pick up an umbrella too.

Comment

• MegoMam
          • Dec 21, 2015

highly recommend the heat and pop method for the heads, ftc heads tend to tear if you are to "bull in the chine shop"

Comment

• DougJr
            • Nov 2, 2021

Originally posted by MegoMam
            highly recommend the heat and pop method for the heads, ftc heads tend to tear if you are to "bull in the chine shop"
            That's what i was afraid of.....can't afford to tear up too much.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎