Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Family

The Marvel Family

The Big Red Cheese, the original Captain Marvel. Mattel retro head repianted to have a classic Mego skin tone. Costume is made basically like the previous Lt. Marvel. The black dashes down the front of the boots is printed out from Photoshop and cut into a narrow strip, then glued on.
    cheese.jpg

Images
    What a difference skin tone makes, terrific figure--The Capt. Marvel.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 7, '22 at 10:18 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Nice figure. Definitely reminds me of the early comics.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    What a difference skin tone makes, terrific figure--The Capt. Marvel.
    The head really suffers from the anemic skin tone it originally had. The detail is much better and sharper than it appears to be on first sight. It's a solid sculpt.

Images
    I know what you--I used tan dye to tint some of my Mattel heads and it really brought out the detail.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Holy moly that came out great, nice job.

He looks really good!

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I know what you--I used tan dye to tint some of my Mattel heads and it really brought out the detail.
    Ah, good, that tells me the dye works on the Mattel heads. I'd definitely rather dye than paint the heads; keeping the paint smooth is a big challenge.

Very nice.

Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel, Jr. Mary uses a modified Dorothy head and standard Mego female body. Junior uses an old Mego Lion Rock 6" body and a modded Aqualad head from Classic TV Toys. Almost forgot the decos on his cape when I went to take pics.
    mary copy.jpgjunior copy.jpg