Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someday I would love to go to ............

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Someday I would love to go to ............

Someday I would love to go to ............ Great Britain and all their historic sites

Had a family emergency that stopped me back in the day.

Today, just too dang expensive

Might just do Canada

Note: … For USA peeps, Canada is CRAZY FUN AND BEAUTIFUL

Pain in the azz (now-a-daze) to get a passport --- but well worth the effort
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

New York - Want to see the building Kong climbed, then I want to be the Pope of Greenwich Village

Montana - Want to visit Custer's Battlefield

Japan - Want to spend some serious Yen on chogokins in Tokyo; hopefully come back with a boxed Popy Black Raideen
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

i also would like to visit England, but i would rather visit Scotland and Ireland first.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

and I totally agree about Canada. Beautiful country. we always have fun when we go north of the border

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I'd like to visit Agartha. Sounds like a pretty cool place.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Canada, and stay. I'm probably going to have to, when my family responsibilities are complete and I want to get married.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
              I'd like to visit Agartha. Sounds like a pretty cool place.
              LOL i had to look that one up

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Pre-911 --- was great visiting Canada

No passport needed

Driving up to New Brunswick and taking the ferry to Prince Edward Island

Today, I think they actually built a bridge ?

Good times

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

Ireland and Great Britian. My sister treated me to New York City for my 30th birthday in 1999.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

I'm a Polish guy but don't speak the language

Fish outa water...as they say

Want to visit some Eastern European historic sights but i'm totally in the dark

As of now, Russia is destroying ….

Will stop … for the sake of a cool Mego whatever

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by J.B.
                      Japan - Want to spend some serious Yen on chogokins in Tokyo; hopefully come back with a boxed Popy Black Raideen
                      Ditto on Japan.

Japan is the only country that I want to travel to these days.

Obviously Tokyo, but Osaka and Kyoto too.

I’ve been there just once (90s), and I loved everything about it. Japan was way more expensive than the U.S. back then, but now it’s cheaper than where I live, the Bay Area. In Tokyo, no one cares, but travel a bit to the countryside, and you get a few stares here and there because I really stand out in height and size, ha. They shy away from you, but once you talk some Japanese, they quickly open up to you. I’ve never seen cleaner streets and neighborhoods in my life. I love the suburbs. And of course, super safe, day and night. Also, no one steals a thing. I’m amazed at the thousands of outdoor 24/7 vending machines, some even with beer and wine…and not one is ever vandalized. Same goes for parked bicycles. And public transportation is unmatched, starting with the trains. Japan is truly wonderful. Oh, and the food, my goodness. And to finish my commentary, the women, oh my goodness, I love Japanese women…

Oh, and as you know, Japan’s 7-Eleven’s are a 100 times superior to American ones. Not are they only bigger and way neater, but you can practically eat there everyday and not get tired of the goodies they offer. They are everywhere. 20,000 of them in fact. In comparison, the U.S. only has 9,000 of them. And heck, Japan now even owns 7-Eleven too, ha.

My Japanese is sort of passable. Glad I started reading and writing Hiragana, Katakana. Kanji is the scary one though, lol.

Taking further lessons with an awesome Japanese tutor online (Preply).

One of my best friends is Japanese-American. His Japanese is not the greatest though, he’s so Americanized, but at least we can sort of talk a bit of Japanese to each other, lol.

Oh yeah, would love to go again!!!

P.S. The only other country that remotely peeks my interest is South Korea. It’s sort of similar to Japan, not quite, but sort of similar. But in the end, not really. I know zero Korean. And they are more into K-pop and dramas. Japanese modern pop culture is so much cooler, starting with animé and manga. Having said that, K-pop is more urban American-influenced. J-pop is more like a bunch of young school girls singing like animé characters, lol.
                      Last edited by Hector; Aug 3, '22, 9:02 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

I spent a part of my youth after I got out of the Navy roaming around the world but at that time, I hardly took pictures. Back then you had to tote around a huge camera with lenses and lots off film and you had to worry about getting robbed all the time. You also stood out as a tourist, so you had to pay extra. To borrow a song" I have traveled the world and the seven seas" but do not have many photos worth posting.

I would love to be able go back to all those sites with my phone and a laptop and take all those pics again.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Red Hulk
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 19, 2012

The only places I've been to was Brigenteen NJ back in the 70's/80's..Great Britain and Australia would cool.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Red Hulk
                            The only places I've been to was Brigenteen NJ back in the 70's/80's...
                            Brigantine Castle ???

Comment

• Red Hulk
                              Career Member
                              • Dec 19, 2012

Yeah we were there it was pretty cool...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎