Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Who doesn't criss cross the country packing iron and wearing kevlar taunting the FBI and the KKK while maintaining an active relgious cult commune in Iceland while grooming teenaged girls and choking random people in Hawaii?

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Honestly, I'm in awe of his energy levels and time management skills to pack all this in.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

Apologies for deadpronouning Ezra.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

And what does that have to do with Batgirl?

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
          Who doesn't criss cross the country packing iron and wearing kevlar taunting the FBI and the KKK while maintaining an active relgious cult commune in Iceland while grooming teenaged girls and choking random people in Hawaii?
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            And what does that have to do with Batgirl?
            He is talking about Ezra Miller. A lot of people are questioning the logic behind the studio killing Batgirl yet still moving forward on the Flash movie, given Miller's behavior. Contrarily, there are rumors that the studio is in too deep to kill the Flash... but they will be rebooting *again* after the movie... which is why they are removing anything with Keaton. Either way, the Miller discussion is somewhat related.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

they announced now that they have scrapped plans for a Supergirl movie too

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

They should just make a live action adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns set in the Keatonverse, or a Batman Beyond movie with Keaton. Either way, it's a license to print money.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^I'm down for a Batman Beyond film with Keaton, for sure. I think Snyder already riffed on DKR too much in BVS for them to make a film adaptation of it any time soon.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

Nolan did Year One and Knighfall and No Mans Land already. Keaton in Batman Beyond? Awesome. As long as it isnt Miles Teller as Terry. I would kind of like to see a Latino or other BIPoC Actor as Terry. It just seems like it fits his era better even with the last name of McGinnis.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Nolan did Year One and Knighfall and No Mans Land already. Keaton in Batman Beyond? Awesome. As long as it isnt Miles Teller as Terry. I would kind of like to see a Latino or other BIPoC Actor as Terry. It just seems like it fits his era better even with the last name of McGinnis.
                      Race swapping is such a bad idea. Stay true to the source material, or don't bother.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jun 29, 2018

There is no reason for everyone to be white. The Lone Ranger used to be black, for Pete's sake.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

If the person can embody the character, who cares what color/race they are? I've read some nasty things online about the Batgirl movie in regard to this. Nothing says Terry has to be a white guy. Although, you'd have to make his Mom be none white, since his daddy DNA is from Bruce Wayne, per Justice League Unlimited.
                          sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

There is no reason for everyone to be white. The Lone Ranger used to be black, for Pete's sake.
                            Well, Terry is white, so why change it? Why not change everything? How about making Batman black and Terry a girl?
                            If you can't stay true to the source material, it shouldn't be done.
                            Last edited by LonnieFisher; Aug 8, '22, 3:33 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Well, Terry is white, so why change it? Why not change everything? How about making Batman black and Terry a girl?
                              If you can't stay true to the source material, it shouldn't be done.
                              Because I'm a purist when it comes to things I like, I used to think more along those lines. Then I realized I could possibly be lumped in with some really nasty, hateful people, who were coming at it from a very dark and ugly place. So I just lightned up on it. If the person can put the character across, I honestly don't care.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

i don't like it when they change the race/gender/sexual orientation of established characters because it is never done to make the story better or more interesting, it is done only for PC purposes. that being said, too many people take their opinion on it to the extreme and make it something dark. studios making these changes doesn't stop me from watching, but there are very few exceptions where it made the character better. Sam Jackson as Nick Fury comes to mind. The Batgirl casting looked interesting and i was looking forward to seeing it. but take a show like Wheel of Time for example, where they took that identity politics casting casting to an extreme and it really hurt the show, IMO

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎