X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

No Doom Patrol season 4?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

There's been a lot of rampant speculation and people claiming stuff is confirmed by sources when those sources are just people repeating rumors as if they knew something. Those who know what's going on aren't talking about it, and those talking about it have no clue what's going on. It's going to take, days, weeks, months and perhaps even years before we have any kind of clear picture what's going on with Discovery/Warner/DC, and anything getting put out there is just filler for the 24/7 news cycles and not real reliable information. It's just a vast buzz of empty words without any real viable info in that cacophony. All we know for certain is the Batgirl movie (and a few other confirmed projects like the Scoob sequel) is not being released and other projects are under review for "reasons." Other than the small handful of confirmed cancellations, everything else is speculation and hearsay, and we do not know what the "reasons" are or what projects are actually under review. We will find out as official releases are put out, but everything else is hearsay, speculation and backroom gossip to get click and ratings and stir people up.

I feel bad for the people who worked hard on the projects that will not see the light of day. I empathize. It happened to me a few times when I was freelancing in the ttrpg industry and projects got cancelled after I had turned in the manuscript for "reasons" and even being involve din the project I never got to find out what the actual "reasons" were, just speculation by people who wanted others to believe they were "in the know" to stoke their own egos. So until I see something concrete and confirmed, I am taking all the conversation buzzing around this with a grain of salt, and I will believe stuff is cancelled when it is officially cancelled and not before. Too much empty hot air being thrown around for me to get worked up over the fate of projects I am interested in when no one who actually knows anything is saying anything about them.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

or Titans?

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          No Doom Patrol season 4?
          what?? no way!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

There's been a lot of rampant speculation and people claiming stuff is confirmed by sources when those sources are just people repeating rumors as if they knew something. Those who know what's going on aren't talking about it, and those talking about it have no clue what's going on. It's going to take, days, weeks, months and perhaps even years before we have any kind of clear picture what's going on with Discovery/Warner/DC, and anything getting put out there is just filler for the 24/7 news cycles and not real reliable information. It's just a vast buzz of empty words without any real viable info in that cacophony. All we know for certain is the Batgirl movie (and a few other confirmed projects like the Scoob sequel) is not being released and other projects are under review for "reasons." Other than the small handful of confirmed cancellations, everything else is speculation and hearsay, and we do not know what the "reasons" are or what projects are actually under review. We will find out as official releases are put out, but everything else is hearsay, speculation and backroom gossip to get click and ratings and stir people up.

I feel bad for the people who worked hard on the projects that will not see the light of day. I empathize. It happened to me a few times when I was freelancing in the ttrpg industry and projects got cancelled after I had turned in the manuscript for "reasons" and even being involve din the project I never got to find out what the actual "reasons" were, just speculation by people who wanted others to believe they were "in the know" to stoke their own egos. So until I see something concrete and confirmed, I am taking all the conversation buzzing around this with a grain of salt, and I will believe stuff is cancelled when it is officially cancelled and not before. Too much empty hot air being thrown around for me to get worked up over the fate of projects I am interested in when no one who actually knows anything is saying anything about them.
            Yes, all we know is it's cancelled, and utlimately the merger, and a change of corporate philosphy was the cause, whether other factors are involved is heresay. But speculation is to be expected when one of the biggest movie studios cancels a film based on one of their (and the industry's) biggest IPs for claimed reasons most folks can't understand.
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              Yes, all we know is it's cancelled, and utlimately the merger, and a change of corporate philosphy was the cause, whether other factors are involved is heresay. But speculation is to be expected when one of the biggest movie studios cancels a film based on one of their (and the industry's) biggest IPs for claimed reasons most folks can't understand.
              Oh, sure, but if I had the time, I'd love to go through all the crackpot movie conspiracies posted here and evaluate their correctness, but I don't have the time and was a c+ stats student.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

they have announced a streaming service merger of HBOmax and Discovery+ into 1

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                  what?? no way!
                  Just surmising, but such a potentially disappointing thought.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by MRP
                    There's been a lot of rampant speculation and people claiming stuff is confirmed by sources when those sources are just people repeating rumors as if they knew something.
                    -M
                    Always the case. Warner Bros Discovery just announced they will merge the two streaming services, HBO Max and Discovery+, into one service. This makes way more sense than dropping HBO Max, but there were no specifics about which content would make it on the new service. What was also not addressed was whether a cable subscription to HBO will get you access to the new streamer, as it currently does with HBO Max. They're also looking at a lower-cost AVOD, like so many others have.

They also didn't fully address new content development. Chief exec David Zazlav did say “Our strategy is to embrace and support and drive the incredible success that HBO Max is having… I’ve said this before; it’s not how much. It’s how good." That last little bit definitely got me speculating about lessening development costs! They did confirm kids and animated content development would be cut.
                    Last edited by Wee67; Aug 5, '22, 1:07 PM.
                    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

So I'm curious how this plays out with their streaming package. Currently since I pay for HBO on my cable subscription, and with that have HBO Max for free.

Myself I'm content with watching Discovery on linear video via my cable service and wouldn't pay Discovery+ a dime as I do feel most of their programing is trash. Most, as they do have some things I do want to see. Now HBO Max has stuff I like, and knowing they are pulling content from HBO Max, doesn't make me happy. Plus when they move both together, will the new combined streaming package not be free since I already subscribe to HBO? Odds are is yes, they will double dip and I don't picture I'll pay for their streaming service.

Batgirl is a puzzle, odds are is bad, but that's never kept studios from releasing things in the past. Although there are some, per IMDB. https://www.imdb.com/list/ls063222694/
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
                        Oh, sure, but if I had the time, I'd love to go through all the crackpot movie conspiracies posted here and evaluate their correctness, but I don't have the time and was a c+ stats student.
                        The Snyderverse freaks are reading a lot into this that its clearing the way for a Batfleck movie.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

It is interesting me that there isn't just "geek" news, but gets a lot of mainstream coverage. The head of DC films might leave after he learned of the Batgirl cancellation, but will stick around until Black Adam. The higher ups said Black Adam, Shazam and The Flash screened well. Would anybody here be uncomfortable watching the Flash?

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                            It is interesting me that there isn't just "geek" news, but gets a lot of mainstream coverage. The head of DC films might leave after he learned of the Batgirl cancellation, but will stick around until Black Adam. The higher ups said Black Adam, Shazam and The Flash screened well. Would anybody here be uncomfortable watching the Flash?
                            Well... Today upon hearing that NOW Ezra is going around packing a piece and wearing Body armor, I have no clue as to WHY no one has made an attempt to toss this nutter into an asylum!?!?!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

i had not heard about that but i looked it up. if it's true and the police haven't pulled him in and removed any guns than anything that happens will be on them too. if he even has a pistol permit at this point with all his erratic behavior than it should be revoked and if he is caught carrying lock him up. he needs it for his own safety and that of anyone else he may come in contact with

Comment

• monitor_ep
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 11, 2013

Matthew Belloni revealed some Batgirl plot details podcast The Town

They were trying to figure out what the ending was but like the fundamental here – the stakes are small. Firefly is just a dude in a suit who may or may not have killed Batgirl's mother early on it was a fire or something I don't want to get into the details of the plot which he said very convoluted and involved multiple boyfriends and mob bosses and there may or may not have been a reference to Jason Todd, who is a big character in the DC Universe, but there's no Robin in this movie. They do show Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman mask, a nice little Easter egg, although Michelle Pfeiffer is not in the movie. This was supposed to come after Flash.
                                What was said: The first revelation about Batgirl's plot from Belloni's comments is that Fraser's villain, Firefly aka Ted Carson, would have killed Barbara's mother early on in the movie, which would have been an original backstory for the character rather than one adapted from the comics. Furthermore, the plot would have "involved multiple boyfriends and mob bosses" with Killing Eve's Ethan Kai playing Barbara's primary love interest, judging by set photos. One of the mob bosses was going to be Bad Boys for Life's Jacob Scipio as Anthony Bressi who, in the comics, is a mid-level mob boss in Gotham City.

Batgirl wouldn't have been a true comic book movie without some Easter eggs and apparently there were references to Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman from Tim Burton's 1992 Batman Returns and Jason Todd, who is the second character to become Robin in the comics. However, neither one of these characters were actually going to appear onscreen. Even though it may have been unnecessarily "convoluted," Batgirl's plot sounds like it could have been promising in some regards. With the cancellation coming just a few days ago, more plot details will likely be revealed in due time. (screenrant)
                                FZZVvl5XgAAv-5n.jpgFZBlOagWQAA1ABt.jpg
                                Last edited by monitor_ep; Aug 6, '22, 9:45 AM.
                                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎