• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
    Peacemaker, Penguin and GL all moving forward, reportedly
    And not counting the DC straight to dvd videos.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

In the "all the cool stuff coming to HBO" reel that they showed before the "House of the Dragon" premiere, they featured upcoming seasons of "Titans" and "Doom Patrol". It was a brief inclusion among a lot of other stuff, but I think that puts some of those rumors to bed for the time being.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
        In the "all the cool stuff coming to HBO" reel that they showed before the "House of the Dragon" premiere, they featured upcoming seasons of "Titans" and "Doom Patrol". It was a brief inclusion among a lot of other stuff, but I think that puts some of those rumors to bed for the time being.
        I say kick those rumors out of bed and straight into a coffin!

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

This seems to follow the CEO saying they would be cutting investment into animated and "kids" stuff.

‘Batman: Caped Crusader’ Series Not Moving Forward At HBO Max
          Batman: Caped Crusader, an animated series from executive producers Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams and Matt Reeves, will not be moving at HBO Max.
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

So anyone holding out hope that this might see some kind of release down the road or that a bootleg version might surface, can forget it. The producer revealed today in Variety that he tried to go to the WB servers to review some of the footage and it had all been wiped. Erased completely forever, even the footage of Keaton as Batman. It literally does not exist anymore.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I wouldn't be surprised if someone got it on a thumb drive, and it will surface years from now, when the heat dies down. But it looks like no official release will ever happen. Just nuts.
              sigpic

Comment

• pmwasson
                Maker
                • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                I wouldn't be surprised if someone got it on a thumb drive, and it will surface years from now, when the heat dies down. But it looks like no official release will ever happen. Just nuts.
                For what its worth, I saw this on Twitter:

#Batgirl director Bilall Fallah tried to salvage footage when he learned it was canceled
                "I went on the server ... Everything was gone ... We were [like] ... 'F...ing s..t'... We did not [even] keep [the scenes] with Batman in it”
                (via Skript_FR)
                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by pmwasson
                  That's what I was referring to, I misremembered producer rather than director, my bad! But it was reported by Variety as well as posted on Twitter.

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

i find it hard to believe they actually erased the entire movie that they spent 90 million on. i am sure there are copies locked away

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by pmwasson

Hahaha. Not.

I am gonna say this just from MY EXPERIENCE working on film projects over the course of time at Columbia college.

Solo or in groups we ALWAYS saved our footage and BACKED IT UP and at least THREE or Four of us had COPIES of it.

Daily rushes, 1st,2nd3rd takes, whatnot and for these "PRODUCERS". To say they could not get their hands on any footage tells me three things.

1). They are lying and sitting on the flick. Waiting...

2). If what they said is TRUE then it's gonna make them look like a couple of *****!!! So sorry for the strong language, but when you doing a film on this level of budget and this happens to the production team, it will RUIN your career and NO ONE WILL WANT TO WORK WITH YOU.

At Columbia or any good film school it is STRESSED that you do not ever, EVER loose your footage or give it away or misplace it.

Even though I'm still in school and don't know if I will ever make the "major" leagues, those of us do strive to get there and for this to happen.

EEERRRGGGHHH!! 🤬

3) like Corman's. Fantastic Four it will somehow appear and you can buy it for $25 at the next Big Comic con in your area. As they waited a certain time and moved on to other projects and I'm scoring a copy from my dealer at C2E2.

Either way this is not good for them.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 28, 2008

Just out of curiosity, was a toy line announced or even expected for this film?
                        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

According to insiders, the license was never offered.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

they are saying now that it will be screened only for the people involved in making it, so clearly they did not delete anything

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

they're building hype on this thing, wait until it becomes legendary and people are screaming to see it and then it will be "leaked"

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jun 29, 2018

One of the Toy Story (TS2?) movies was accidentally erased and one producer had a working copy that was the only existing copy of the work. So it could happen ...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎