X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: 1976 Child World Flyer- Space:1999, Mego and more

1976 Child World Flyer- Space:1999, Mego and more This week, Toy-Ventures looks at a flyer from the legendary toy store chain Child World. 1976 was a great year, and this is packed with toys from Space:1999, Mego, Six Million Dollar man, McDonaldland and Vincent Price shrinking heads! New to the channel? Subscribe! ?https://bit.ly/3D3zxJK Toy-Ventures Magazine […]
    The post Toy-Ventures: 1976 Child World Flyer- Space:1999, Mego and more appeared first on PS.

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Shrunken heads? Dried apples. I begged for that kit, because Vincent Price, and never got it.

Now, I'd choose SMDM, easy. I had many toys in that line as a child and now cannot afford to re-collect them.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Great video! I love looking at these things. As a graphic designer, just imagine being an artist redrawing the items and that packaging! I know some of them were provided by the companies, but still, even laying that out!

I love how the WGSH seem to be having a dance party!

Not sure what I would pick, as I own most of the stuff that I really dig from this. I always kind of wanted a Mr. Mouth game, so maybe that!
      sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Omigosh! The Mr. Chocolate drink machine! My brain exploded with nostalgic glee when I saw that. Completely forgot about it. I LOVE that new montage music you selected too. That is so relaxing, it just took me there while I looked at these ads and reminisced. Great seeing the Evel Knievel bicycle. Apparently that's quite the collectable today. Another great entry in your video library. Excellent work Brian.

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

OH
          MY
          GOD!

Sooooooooooo much goodness here. One page alone, with SMDM, Mego WGSH, Evel Knievel... That page alone would've kept me happy as a kid for 2 years!! AND my beloved Huffy Thunder Road bike. That bad boy gave me freedom in, appropriately for this Yank, 1976!
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• tay666
            Career Member
            • Dec 27, 2008

That was amazing walk down memory lane. So many great toys that I either had, or lusted after when I was a kid.
            I also agree about the music, works very well for these type videos.

Comment

• publiusr
              Museum Super Collector
              • Aug 23, 2015

1976 was a strange year for me. I turned 10…and my Mom told me I wasn’t a child anymore…

The Space 1999 fluke aside, Logan’s Run seemed about it…Vietnam was in the recent past…the Bicentennial with ships in the harbor was talked down.

Had things stayed the same…I might have been a “normal” child and learned about cars and practical things. A year later, Star Wars put space toys/-my only real interest—back to the fore.

And so my second childhood began before I was even done with the first.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎