Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supes
    For the love of Mego's!
    • Jan 19, 2004

Great review! I am super excited about these figures!! Mego can transition into the more sealed emblems like the Fantastic Four, Kid Flash, Thor and the 12 inch Batman and Superman. No need to stay with stickers after Batman Superman and Robin

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• KnightDetective
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 31, 2012

I actually kind of welcome the sticker approach. (Never thought I would say that after a childhood of constantly smoothing them down with my thumb while playing!) Recently received the new Captain Marvel. It was absolutely pristine except for a woefully whomper-sided lightning bolt. If it had been a sticker, I could have easily repositioned or replaced it. The newer insignia decos can look great when placed properly, but if not, well what can you do? The hazards of buying sight unseen, I guess!

Comment

• Orion1
        • Apr 7, 2010

Update to the body articulation. This figure features a better body then the most recent "super-poseable releases" like the newest non-Topps Shazam and Black Adam. The elbows and knees are pinless and the shoulders sit deeper in the sockets. The waist is a much thicker connection and looks better and less floppy. The plastic used is very similar to the 12 inch GI Joe bodies from the 1990s - It has some weight to it.

Be careful when first opening your figures and attempting to pose - the joints are very tight and could SNAP. After some experimenting - I found that if you dip the figure (After removing the outfit/accessories) in boiling water for a minute or two it softens up the entire figure and the joints. As a bonus it also allows the KNEE joints to bend further to a near 90 Degree angle.

The overall body is similar to the Type-S but actually looks more aesthetically pleasing. Better muscle tone and it can perform a full leg split out to the sides - something neither the Shazam/Black Adam Bodies nor the type-S can do.

The body - after softening it up - in my opinion is actually superior to the Type-S body. Especially in the Pelvic Hip region which features less of a "thigh gap". Also the Mego ankle joints are not floppy like the Type-S.

You can also easily trim off some plastic on the back of the upper calf below the knee joint with an exacto knife around the lower knee joint to allow a full 90 Degree or more bend if you so choose.

Bottom line - This is the best body currently made for the Mego size figures.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Orion1
          - Height of the figure is nearly identical to the original T2 Megos it might be slightly taller but we're talking about only 1/16th of an inch.
          That is very good news. I'm hoping that puts the heads in scale with the classics Megos.

- Chest Emblems/Insignias that aren't paper stickers, nor crack and flake off like Mattel Retro Action Heroes, nor some poorly screen printed logo. The original 12 inch Mego Superman Movie figure and the Magnetic Batman figure had some kind of almost 3D like vinyl logo attached to the fabric and those have still held up until this day.
          FF had them, too. My 12" Supes had one, but eventually it did start pulling away from the material on one edge.
          - Blue molded underwear/trunks as a nod to the original figures
          That's not a good idea if the material is thinner or light colored. It may be classic, but it is better in practice to keep the bodies one color.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 25, 2018

Highly recommend that everyone should go to Mego's instagram page and watch the new video for the amazon store

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
              Highly recommend that everyone should go to Mego's instagram page and watch the new video for the amazon store
              Great video! Thanks for the recommendation. We got a look at the villains and some female characters as well. Super excited.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                Creature Of The Night
                • May 14, 2011

^Any chance of a summary for us geezers who don't do the Instagram?

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 25, 2018

Batgirl,Catwoman, Supergirl, Reverse Flash, Joker, Penguin, Riddler, and Wonder Woman were shown.
                  Last edited by Mego Newbie14; Nov 16, '22, 8:33 PM.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                    Creature Of The Night
                    • May 14, 2011

Batgirl,Catwoman, Supergirl, Reverse Flash, Joker, Penguin, Riddler, and Wonder Woman were shown.
                    Excellent News...Thank You!

Comment

• Liu Bei
                      Banned
                      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
                      ^Any chance of a summary for us geezers who don't do the Instagram?
                      I don’t do social media either. I made the account just to watch the video, haha. I won’t actually use it for anything.

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

What was shown was the original figures and a mock-up for Zoom, so we didn't get a preview of a new female or fat body (I'm assuming a fat body is coming with Pengy rather than padding).

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
                          Museum Patron
                          • Sep 5, 2015

RE: the super gals (names in bold), if they did right by the superheroes (and from what I've seen online they did that leading me to getting the first set), I can't wait to see what they'll do with the girls.

And I wonder (pun unintended) if this gets a little write-up in an upcoming Mego Museum Newsletter?
                          Last edited by Robert_Anthony; Nov 17, '22, 9:23 AM.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 25, 2018

I just took it as Mego's way of announcing the next wave. But instead of showing digital renders like most toy companies do they went old school with the original figures and the mockup. All I know is it had the desired effect on me, giddy with excitement

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                              Creature Of The Night
                              • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                              I don’t do social media either. I made the account just to watch the video, haha. I won’t actually use it for anything.
                              HaHa, I love it! I did something similar with The Facebook

There was an item I desperately wanted that was listed on their marketplace, so I signed up, only to find that I had to wait 90 days to access that feature. I submitted my cancellation on the same day, which if I remember right, took 30 days to complete.

Comment

• scott metzger
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 9, 2007

I am wondering how they will approach the female bodies. The modern Megos did address a problem with the old figures, namely the fact that the females were the exact same height as the males, meaning a pair of heels made the ladies taller than any of the guys. The new (well, old new, i guess) Mego body fixed that but created some major proportion problems in the process. I'm thus wondering if they go old school here and keep everyone at 8 inches or if the new bodies will make the ladies a little shorter with the long term usage in mind.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎