• Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by warlock664
    No Mxyzptlk ?
    Interesting.
    Many Mego fans, Doc included, disdain Mxy. But with a fat body tooled for Penguin, who knows?

I thought the Super-Foes were discussed on YT and Luthor was advocated instead.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 11, '22, 8:10 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Many Mego fans, Doc included, disdain Mxy. But with a fat body tooled for Penguin, who knows?

I thought the Super-Foes were discussed on YT and Luthor was advocated instead.
      Understood, and Mxyz was/is a definite dud, but I’d assumed they planned to re-release all the original DC WGSH.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I hope for that, too. There's room for plenty of Bronze-Age DC figures beside the originals.

I really like Mxy, though not so much his body type. I even accessorized my vintage one with lavender Ledy boots.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
          Radioactive!
          • Feb 13, 2010

I wonder if they would release Myxyzptlk on a child body? Is that something people would want?

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Oh wow, that Flash is perfect! I was worried we might get a smiling head sculpt, or worse, a smirk , but nope, Mego came through for the win!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
              I wonder if they would release Myxyzptlk on a child body? Is that something people would want?
              100%!!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Terrific Flash.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

The Flash looks great.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Makernaut
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    The Flash looks great.
                    Indeed!

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Are the emblems going to be stickers?
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
                        Museum Patron
                        • Sep 5, 2015

Looks like I'm busting out the wallet for all those Megos...well...most of them.

Comment

• Mejo
                          Museum Patron
                          • Jun 30, 2022

I really like the face sculpt but the picture looks like both the face and the mask are painted. Is this just for the "mock up"? I would have thought that either the mask/head was molded in red plastic and then the face/skin painted on ... or (less likely) the head molded in skin tone and the red mask painted on. Again, in this picture it looks like the mask and face are painted on. Is this indicative of the final product? I'm thinking not, but ...

Comment

• Mejo
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jun 30, 2022

Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
                            So Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Wonder Woman, Batgirl, and Catwoman box tops can be seen in a post on Mego's Instagram feed. https://www.instagram.com/p/CiWTOgMs..._web_copy_link
                            Awesome! The set is pretty much complete (except for Isis)

Comment

• Mejo
                              Museum Patron
                              • Jun 30, 2022

The 24 figure box has:

3 Superman
                              3 Batman
                              3 Captain Marvel
                              2 Robin
                              2 Green Lantern
                              1 Green Arrow
                              1 Wonder Woman
                              1 Supergirl
                              1 Batgirl
                              1 Flash
                              1 Reverse-Flash
                              1 Aquaman
                              1 Joker
                              1 Riddler
                              1 Penguin
                              1 Catwoman

I guess that's based on the assumed demand but it makes me wonder, with the surprise appearance of Reverse-Flash (which may explain why Flash has a painted red and painted face mask, to minimize the costs of a Prof. Zoom they are both molded in, say, gray plastic), I wonder if there is another surprise in that box: could one of the two Green Lanterns be John Stewart?

Comment

• warlock664
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Mejo
                                I wonder if there is another surprise in that box: could one of the two Green Lanterns be John Stewart?
                                Doubtful; both GL boxes have the same item number (51309).

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎