X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by alex
    Isnt the green latern, the same as the matty one, years ago?

Not really, the head appears to be new.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

It is indeed a new head sculpt. The new sculpt makes the guy that sculpted the Mattel one look like a piece of garbage.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        It is indeed a new head sculpt. The new sculpt makes the guy that sculpted the Mattel one look like a piece of garbage.
        I'm generally out of the loop on the drama and in jokes but I thought the Mattel GL was perfectly fine. I thought it was sculpted that way on purpose to homage all the GL customs to use Kirk as a base.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          You're a bajillion times better than the guy who sculpted that GL and the other schmo who did the 14" GL.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
            You're a bajillion times better than the guy who sculpted that GL and the other schmo who did the 14" GL.
            But not as good as the artiste who did Daredevil.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              But not as good as the artiste who did Daredevil.

LOL!!
              sigpic

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

I ordered the first 4 from ZLC and asked them about Shazam, and Green Lantern (since they were shown on pre order email )and they said that can't get any info on these two, and they might be big store exclusives but they were not sure but have no listing of them in upcoming wave

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I liked the Mattel GL head for capturing that "soft" early Mego look, but this new GL sculpt captures that 70s Neal Adams vibe perfectly, like a later release!
                  sigpic

Comment

• 80's Kid
                    • Jul 3, 2022

I'll be honest, buying the new Megos hasn't been the same as buying the old ones BUT THESE?!?! How cool are these!

Comment

• haggis
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 17, 2008

A very exciting announcement! The prototype of the GL figure looks much better than the Mattel one from a few years back! For some reason, I am really looking forward to the Aquaman figure.
                      No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I am, too.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 29, 2018

Wasn't there a South American Green Lantern head find 20 years ago?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                            Wasn't there a South American Green Lantern head find 20 years ago?
                            Yes, fake BASA Superman repaint.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Flash and Green Arrow have apparently been added to the 50th anniversary set. That's pretty cool.

Comment

• nubee
                                Career Member
                                • Feb 15, 2010

Captain Marvel ( Shazam) and Green Lantern r now available for preorder at ZLC site

I wished Mego had the 50th Anniversary side by side with a regular Mego. I don't wanna get disappointed like I did with the Topps and some of the Wave 15.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎