Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

The pics really look cool, I’m guessing Batman and Robin would be the most popular because of the removable masks, but I am personally looking forward to Aquaman and Green Arrow and having Green Lantern and Flash as an added bonus is just the icing on the cake, it’s going to be a very nice Christmas for all.

Comment

• Mejo
      Museum Patron
      • Jun 30, 2022

Originally posted by Robert_Anthony
      Looks like I'm busting out the wallet for all those Megos...well...most of them.
      For me, the for-sure buys are Captain Marvel, Superman, Supergirl, Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Green Arrow, and Green Lantern. Will probably end up getting Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and the Flash. On the fence about Reverse-Flash, but it's doubtful I'll get any of the other villains though. I know they're classic but I prefer the new renditions of Joker, Riddler, and Penguin, and I'd rather save my money for other figures I really want. As for Catwoman ... I thought she looked weird as a kid and passed on her then, and I haven't changed my opinion. I hope Mego will eventually give her an upgrade too.

Comment

• Mejo
        Museum Patron
        • Jun 30, 2022

Originally posted by warlock664
        Doubtful; both GL boxes have the same item number (51309).
        In that case, they must be anticipating a bigger demand for this character. And the figure looks amazing, so that will help too.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
          Are the emblems going to be stickers?
          It was said they are vinyl stickers, not paper!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Flash looks great, and I LOVE that they used the old cover corner, Infantino/Anderson running forward pose on the back of the box. THE Flash image of the 1970s. Wish they'd use the classic Gil Kane pose for Green Lantern, but oh well.

Speaking of Green Lantern, looks like he's currently not availalbe on Amazon for pre-order. I waited to late. I may have to get him through other channels.
            sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              Speaking of Green Lantern, looks like he's currently not availalbe on Amazon for pre-order. I waited to late. I may have to get him through other channels.
              Seems to be available:

Can’t find Flash or Green Arrow on Amazon, though.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^Thanks! I specificlally searched for "Mego Green Lantern" after "Mego 50th Anniversary" didn't give me Hal. All on pre-order now, through the MM link!
                sigpic

Comment

• 80's Kid
                  • Jul 3, 2022

Dang it. Normally I wouldn't even consider robbing a bank but I wants these. I preordered Batman and Robin and thought that's enough... it doesn't feel like enough

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by 80's Kid
                    Dang it. Normally I wouldn't even consider robbing a bank but I wants these. I preordered Batman and Robin and thought that's enough... it doesn't feel like enough
                    It's not!

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Jase
                      • Sep 22, 2021

The Walmart I hit every M-F morning on the way to work moved the Mego figures they have (Candyman and ST Discovery mostly) to a shelf and put new peg price tags where they were hanging. The new tags show: “Mego Worlds Greatest” with a price of $19.96. Hopefully that means that the figures will be here sooner than Nov/Dec.

Comment

• Mejo
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jun 30, 2022

Great find! Though it does seem a darn shame for them to stick plastic peg hangers on all those classic boxes ...

Comment

• Orion1
                          • Apr 7, 2010

Superman arrived today in the mail. So they have started to ship.

1st photo is the figure in packaging.

2nd photo comparison to an EMCE Spiderman Box and a Mego Invisible Man box. Spiderman and Superman boxes are identical in size, however the window is slightly longer on Superman. Also Mego Superman box is nice and sturdy much better than the EMCE Marvel releases.

3rd photo shows how Superman box is thinner than the recent Invisibleman box.

4th photo back of the box with that fantastic classic comic art.

5th photo for reference is a Movie Justice League Superman and the other Superman that Mego released. You can see the colors better this way because my camera does not capture "Blues" correctly.

6th photo comparison to an Original MEGO T2 Superman with a repro Label sticker.

7th open box next to the original. The colors are spot on.

8th open box next to the earlier Superman. It appears the new 50th bodies are slightly taller than the repro bodies that Mego utilized before this. Only very slightly but it looks much better.

I only received one in the mail (so far) and this one arrived in perfect condition so I'm not removing him from the package for an articulation/posing review. He is held in place with 3 of those clear plastic T end ties that they are also using on recent DC McFarlane figures

Walmart and Amazon have a habit of absolutely destroying my orders.

Overall thoughts:

The packaging is fantastic and sturdy

The boots are the best Mego has ever made, they are an improvement to the original as they appear slightly tapered to the ankles.

Cape quality is excellent I don't foresee any shredding at the edges and it is a slightly thicker material - but it is better.

Costume looks great and is a nice material at first look it seems better than what they were using before on recent figures. The only problem I see is that the belt is a little bit see through and the red of the shorts can be seen through it. Actually this is closer to some of the original earlier Mego releases that had this same look so it is accurate. Colors are perfect.

Skintone has that classic Mego healthy Tan to it no more pale zombie "Biff Bang Pow" or "Mattel" skintone here.

The Chest Emblem is a bright and vibrant sticker - I can't tell if it is paper or vinyl but it looks good.

From what I have seen so far this is an A+ or Home Run of a figure.

After some great earlier attempts they finally got it right. Welcome back MEGO

Last edited by Orion1; Oct 18, '22, 5:28 AM.

Comment

• shaunaconda
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Mar 29, 2020

Looks great!

Comment

• Makernaut
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Orion1
                              Superman arrived today in the mail. So they have started to ship.
                              Thank you for letting us know and posting pics. Superman looks great and the box is fantastic. Can't wait for mine to arrive!

Comment

• pmwasson
                                Maker
                                • Sep 12, 2007

Those are great pictures, thanks for sharing. He really does look vintage, except the new hand sculpts.
                                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎