• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by wise guy
    Zlc has them in stock this morning but no Green Arrow
    He's back up now if anyone is still interested. Looks like all the WGSH figures are available as of 12/7/2022, 10:22am EST. Don't hesitate if you want these. ZLC has them cheaper than anyone with a $5 flat shipping rate, plus excellent packaging.

I get the overwhelming majority of my Mego's from them, and have never been disappointed.

Marty Abrams presents Mego featuring a wide variety of Limited Edition Retro Action Figures.

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Thank you.
      Yessir.

8228b3270a7643a6ba1c343b7633d497.jpg

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Liu Bei
        He's back up now if anyone is still interested. Looks like all the WGSH figures are available as of 12/7/2022, 10:22am EST. Don't hesitate if you want these. ZLC has them cheaper than anyone with a $5 flat shipping rate, plus excellent packaging.

I get the overwhelming majority of my Mego's from them, and have never been disappointed.

https://zlccollectibles.com/collections/mego
        Agreed. They give excellent service, their prices and shipping are great, and thus the majority of my modern Megos have come from them the past couple years.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by Liu Bei

https://zlccollectibles.com/collections/mego
          hey thanks for the tip off ,but im in the uk and shipping on 4 megos was over £40 ,pretty expensive for such small lightweight figures

priced them out for me im afraid

but worth a shot cheers

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Thank you, appreciate the link, hoping to pick up Aquaman and Green Arrow, maybe Lantern and Flash too depending, I’m thinking maybe the others I can find at the local Walmart.

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

ZLC sent me an email that Green Arrow is not out until Jan

Comment

• warlock664
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 15, 2009

Anybody get a shipment notification from Amazon for these?
                Mine still say arriving by 10pm today or tomorrow, but nothing shipped yet.

Comment

• Atari Superman
                  • Sep 25, 2022

Got them all except Green Arrow. Here are some thoughts.
                  • Not crazy about the bodies. They feel solid, and I appreciate that they aren't held together by bands, but they aren't what you'd expect on a Mego figure, especially not on something nostalgiac like this. The musculature is more pronounced than on the original Megos. I don't need bulging Popeye forearms, especially on Robin. And I don't need the ability to swivel the lower legs if it means that I can't really bend the legs at the knees. Don't need the arm swivel either. Would just like the expected Mego articulation at the elbows and knees.
                  • Really not crazy about the stickers of the chest symbols. I got two sets of these figures -- one to keep in the box, and one to take out. Half of them arrived with misaligned or misapplied stickers. The Superman and Batman stickers were starting to peel off. Pressing them down over the bigger, more defined chest muscles caused visible creasing unfortunately. The flatter, less defined bodies from back in the day would have been better if Mego was going to go the sticker route.
                  • Overall I don't understand the weird mix of design choices. We need stickers because authenticity, but we can't bend the knees because...? Maybe Mego can't do straight-up Mego-style retro figures for legal reasons.
                  • The Flash's logo appears on the front of the box as expected, but it's missing from the sides of the box. This is different than the other boxes so far.
                  • The Flash's feet are partially wrapped with celophane under his boots. This must be to prevent the bleed that occurred with the contemporary Flash figure, where the red dye from the costume soaked into the boots.
                  • Green Lantern's eyes aren't visible under the mask. I know the white slits are more comic-accurate, but they're definitely not more Mego-accurate. Batman, Robin, and Green Arrow all had white slits in the comic books (usually), and that didn't stop Mego from showing their peepers. If we're supposed to imagine that this is what the Green Lantern figure would have looked like back in the day, visible eyes would go a long way toward selling the effect. Maybe the licensor wouldn't budge on this one? But then Mego goes off spec for the boots, puts him in classic Mego-style boots instead of comic-accurate boots. And the design of the lantern accessory might not be authentic to the comics of the period. It feels more 1980s or 1990s. (Not sure about this one...would need to dig out the comics and compare.)

Don't get me wrong...glad these exist, will keep buying them as they come out. But details matter, and some of these decisions feel off.

Comment

• nubee
                    Career Member
                    • Feb 15, 2010

Thanks for the review Atari Superman . I haven't open up mine yet.

I agree with you regarding the stickers...for future releases. From my interpretation "Dr. Mego" purposely wanted the stickers. This was to replicate the originals as much as possible. Going forward, I do hope with new characters, there will be no more stickers ( I was kinda' hoping Green Lantern and the Flash would not have the stickers. )

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

Received my small order from ZLC, whom I recommend! Just Bats, Robin, and Green Lantern.
                      I love these all around. Great job and so impressed.

I ended up opening up the Green Arrow Topps and switch bodies with Robin so now Robin is on the teen body. Seamless. Looks great and I put Robin back in the box. These updated Megos are a homerun for me and loving the box, rather than blister. (Always been a fan of the box anyway!) Looking forward to future waves.

I do hope they do a limited edition Solid Box versions for nostalgia purposes.

Thank you, Marty and Paul for bringing these back. This old kid is happy young kid!

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Atari Superman
                        And the design of the lantern accessory might not be authentic to the comics of the period. It feels more 1980s or 1990s. (Not sure about this one...would need to dig out the comics and compare.)
                        THe GL's started using the 2 sided lantern in the 70's. This version is pretty much dead on to the way Mike Grell drew it after Green Lantern/Green Arrow came back to the comic racks with #90.
                        battery.jpg
                        As for Amazon shipping, I've got the same thing going on with Green Arrow. He's supposed to arrive by 10 pm tonight, but then it shows he hasn't even shipped yet. So I guess Hal's gonna have to just hang out with Barry until his other bestie shows up.
                        Last edited by scott metzger; Dec 9, '22, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                          Radioactive!
                          • Feb 13, 2010

My GL and Flash were supposed to arrive today but I just got a message they are delayed until Dec 21.

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Got my Captain Marvel last night, and he's pretty much a perfect rendition of the original. Out of an overabundance of caution, though, I might recommend doing the same thing Mego wisely did with Flash and give Cap some plastic socks. I looked his yellow boots over carefully, even shone a small flashlight into them, and there is so far no trace of any red staining at all on the inside (different plastic than Flash, so it may not absorb dye to begin with). But my Big Red Cheese does have some big red toes and some red spots on the lower leg under the costume, so it's just something to consider.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 24, 2007

Did somebody drop the ball here...Why is it that Red Sun Superman body could be bend on the knees and elbow with more ROM (Range of motion) then the 50th Anniversary WGSH figures. This is ridiculous. I like to pose my Mego figures for dioramas and now I'm gonna have to switch the bodies of '10' WGSH figures that I had Pre-ordered (Over $200 Value). Additionally, I believe that some 50TH ANNIV.WGSH Superman figures had their Shirt collar to low way under the collar bone. I tried to fix it (by lifting it) and the shirt ripped. "Unbelievable" !!!
                              Pictured below is bending knee and elbow issues between the 2 new bodies and the Superman shirt issue...Other then this everything else seems fine with the figures. I wonder if Mego will remedy these few problems?
                              I put the 50th Anniversary Superman head on the Red Son Superman body to sample the aforementioned.....As you could see...that's the most Shazam could bend his knees, he can't even do the kneeling down position...
                              20221209_115013.jpg
                              20221209_114230.jpg
                              20221209_114047.jpg
                              Screenshot_20221209-140521_Gallery.jpg
                              Mego should've used the Red Son Superman body on all the pre-ordered and upcoming 50th Anniversay WGSH figures....What happened here?

Comment

• Ivaniski
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 24, 2007

What type of body is the Red Son Superman body....Is it the short bandless body like Black Adam and Shazam or the Modified slightly taller body?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎