• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

What do you think of Will Smith ???

Personally, I like the guy

Yea he was out-of-line slapping Chris Rock -- and he paid his dues for it (in the pocket)

But i'm totally willing to forgive-and-forget...

Great actor --- please don't stone me, but thought he was great in Wild, Wild West
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

He's a little too full of himself. I guarantee if Dwayne Johnson did the same thing, tough guy Will would've knew his role and shut his mouth. He got tough with 130 pound Chris Rock.

That aside, he was funny in Fresh Prince and I've liked nothing he's done since.

Kind of reminds me of Tom Hanks - both very extremely funny starting off until they took themselves too seriously and became ac-tors. Now they both come off as arrogant as hell.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I liked him in the first two Men in Black flicks and in one of my guilty pleasure flicks, Independence Day.

‘I Am Legend’ and ‘i, Robot’ are underrated and pretty decent too.
      sigpic

Comment

• ToyTalk
        Career Member
        • Mar 25, 2020

Some of my favorite movies over the years star Will Smith. I try not to hold the whole awards show against him. I mean, that was his wife they were joking about. However, he has told some pretty good jokes over the years so I kinda felt he was out of line. At the same stage, I understand his point. That's his wife. However, He needs to stop chasing grammy's and start acting for fun again.
        Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i love many of his movies, but when i see him interviewed he just comes off as a total ******. but i loved Independence Day, I am Legend, Hancock, Men In Black and even enjoyed some of his serious roles like Pursuit of Happiness

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

He has forever cursed me because every time someone asks me where I'm from, I respond like every good Philadelphian and say the neighborhood. I say, "West Philadelphia." Inevitably, most people respond "Born and raised!" like it's some sort of call out and response.

Honestly, i don't mind. I'm even kind of proud my particular neighborhood has a certain level of fame. Technically, Smith is from the Overbrook neighborhood and I'm from the University City part of West Philly. I guess "Overbrook, born and raised" just carry the same kind of cache!
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

I don’t.

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                I don’t.
                Yep. Not fond of that clown.
                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67
                  He has forever cursed me because every time someone asks me where I'm from, I respond like every good Philadelphian and say the neighborhood. I say, "West Philadelphia." Inevitably, most people respond "Born and raised!" like it's some sort of call out and response.

Honestly, i don't mind. I'm even kind of proud my particular neighborhood has a certain level of fame. Technically, Smith is from the Overbrook neighborhood and I'm from the University City part of West Philly. I guess "Overbrook, born and raised" just carry the same kind of cache!
                  Billy, one question

Pork roll egg and cheese ?

Comment

• rykerw1701
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by Mikey
                    Billy, one question

Pork roll egg and cheese ?
                    Or Wit or witout? BTW Jim's Steaks on South Street burned down last Friday. It was an iconic place in Philly.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

He’s a perfectly fine bland actor with very limited skills that can do fine in generic action movies. He was never able to step out beyond that or do any sort of real acting. Every time he’s stepped outside of his boundaries it’s been embarrassing. But he was pretty much a fad of the early 2000s. He’s certainly not a good actor. And his personal life seems pretty bizarre and toxic.

Comment

• J.B.
                        Guild Navigator
                        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                        And his personal life seems pretty bizarre and toxic.
                        Yeah, this is not a healthy marriage:

This woman has humiliated this simp every which way possible. Unfortunately for him, he finally snapped on the biggest stage of his life, doing something so despicable that it will never be forgotten, nor forgiven by many.
                        You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Times have changed big-time

Imagine if every actor Don Rickles playfully insulted had struck him in retaliation

Today's world needs more classic Don Rickles

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Don’t forget those Dean Martin celebrity roasts, talk about insults and Rickles was usually the antagonist.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

Folks were not thin skinned or easily triggered back then. Rickles would be banned from Hollywood today with his jokes in today's world. The world seems so crude and disrespectful in many ways today yet triggered by other areas which I find confusing.
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎