Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched Blade Runner - First time since 1982

Just watched Blade Runner,

Haven't seen it since new in the theatre - 1982

Never noticed how boring it was

Soundtrack sounds like it came from a late 70's cheapo Sci-Fi synth TV series

Harrison Ford was really stiff without any personality

Rutger Hauer was easily the star of this movie --- some of his actions seemed to channel Yule Brenner's Westworld "Gunman" … Watch his eyes

Daryl Hannah was surprising good for such an early acting role.

Movie was "ok" but not sure if it deserves the cult status it has been given these days

m
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

It's strange to me after forty years there's no real toy merchandise of the movie like figures and the flying cars. It's been a while since i have seen it but yeah Harrison's narration annoyed me. I really wanted to see this movie when I was 12 but it was rated R. I didn't see my first rated R movie in the theatres until Robocop.

Comment

• YoungOnce
      Career Member
      • Aug 29, 2007

These days, modern movies move at such an amped-up narrative speed (this because all the rest our lives move at such speed with instant communication, video-game quick decision-making, short attention span, etc), that most older movies seem to move through their paces at much slower narrative speeds.

When I watch an older movie, I find myself having to relearn to slow my thinking down. Some classics are able to move along capably (Star Wars, Jaws, Casablanca, Close Encounters, Halloween, Planet of the Apes… many, many more…), but most take their time.

It’s a matter of taste of course, and it’s not true except in a general sense, but it’s noticeable.

Comment

• shaunaconda
        Museum Super Collector
        • Mar 29, 2020

I have the “Final Cut” edition blu-ray that I haven’t seen in about a decade. It has a couple different versions of the film.
        I seem to remember that Harrison Ford did a lackluster narration on purpose cause he was mad about something.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

I kind of liked the narration. It reminded me if the old noir movies of the 30s and 40s with Sam Spade and Philip Marlow type detectives.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Many still prefer the version with Deckard's narration and the "happy" ending. However, the Final Cut is arguably the best version of the movie.
            (The workprint is also interesting for its various differences, alternate takes, etc.)
            The movie's FX are also exemplary; models, mattes, etc. Amongst the very best analogue effects work.
            The Vangelis score also perfectly suits the movie's overall stylistic tone, in my opinion.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• KingKickass1983
              Career Member
              • Jan 19, 2019

One of my all time favorites. But it NEEDS to be seen on a larger screen.

I'd love if NECA would release an 8 inch version of Deckard. I don't think Mego could pull off the intricacies of the costuming.
              Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

Absolutely brilliant in all ways that matter to me, but it's not a film you can talk most others into understanding/appreciating.

Agreed, NECA could rock these out, but I selfishly want two-packs: Deckard & Rachael / Batty & Pris.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Question: --- When Sean Young let her hair down did anyone else think she looked like Dr Frankenfurter

Comment

• rykerw1701
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 27, 2007

There are so many versions of this movie that when I go to watch it, I never know what the best version is. Then I just give up and watch something else.

Comment

• J.B.
                      Guild Navigator
                      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                      It's strange to me after forty years there's no real toy merchandise of the movie like figures and the flying cars.
                      One of my Top 3 Movies. Some of the few toys I managed to find:

The ERTL Deckard's Spinner

Android Hunter was sculpted by Master Ozawa of Japan

The PKD Blaster from Off World (lots of Diecast)

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Blade Runner is one of the greatest movies ever made. Must’ve seen it at least 20 times, at least. My late dad’s personal favorite sci-fi film.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

great movie but yeah it is slow moving and can be hard to sit through. i have the final version on disc. actually i think it has 4 different versions of the movie on the set

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

IMO the premise is clearly stated out at the beginning of the film

See Logan's Run's --- Sandmen

Movie Studio head's thinking--- ( We need to give Sandmen an environment to which they can survive.)

Think what i'm saying?

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 29, 2018

Never saw those Ertl carsbefore. Very nice.

20220730_234609.jpg.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎