X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Damaged Silver Streak

After sharing that damaged vintage boxed Phantom a few days ago it reminded me of a Silver Streak that was similar.

So back in 2000 I bought a Silver Streak. The shipper use USPS. Upon opening it I found what you see below. Basically the entire front of the SS was destroyed. I was not happy obviously.

I used my video camera to send pictures to the seller, so what you see isn't that great. The seller had put insurance on it, I don't remember how much I paid for it, but it wasn't free. The boxed wasn't damaged, but the seller didn't do a good job packaging it.

Sadly, USPS wouldn't cover the damage and pay up unless I gave it back to them, and they told me they would be destroying it and throwing it away. I was pretty conflicted since well, it's a Silver Streak but also didn't want to not get my money back. I ended up stripping a few things off it and then turned it in. So the damaged one below is forever gone...

Here's those two pictures. I've had a few SS's over the years, and have two now. One loose one and the boxed one pictured below I got from the original owner family.

Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Wow. That was terrible. I always take great care when packing up items and shipping them, even the $5 sales.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

that hurts seeing that. i am always careful about packing items too

Comment

• ToyTalk
        Career Member
        • Mar 25, 2020

Having a toy destroyed due to poor packaging is always such a hard pill to swallow.
        Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• thesharkman
          Museum Patron
          • Nov 1, 2019

Nice streaks! I'll settle for one nice loose one. I used to be a big OSS collector, but changed to mint loose as I have gotten older.

thesharkman

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎