X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

RIP Alan Grant, Batman and Dredd Writer

Primarily known for his work on Batman in the '80s and '90s and 2000 AD, Grant's career spanned five decades.

Creator of Anarky ...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Saddened to hear this. The Grant/Breyfogle Batman was probably the last great run on the "classic" version of the character.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Saddened to hear this. The Grant/Breyfogle Batman was probably the last great run on the "classic" version of the character.
      yes one of my favorites when I used to buy comics. Sad news.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

His Batman and 2000AD work was great. R.I.P.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I was coming here to say the same thing! I know other great creators have worked on the character since then, but I just haven't personally enjoyed them as much. Grant/Breyfogle should be mentioned in the same breath as O'Neil/Adams and Engelhart/Rogers.
          sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

sad news. RIP!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎