Mego SDCC Reveals

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imlaughing2death
    • Jul 20, 2020

Kinda disappointed there's nothing I'm interested in for another Wave, but at least there's something there for other folks. A bit puzzling that they're going full ham on Ghostface with all of the color variants, and for some reason I'm always surprised when I see Big Lebowski merch.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

With all the cash I've been spending on toys, I'm actually kind of happy to take a wave off. Other than the reissued original WGSH, nothing else in this wave appeals to me at all and some I haven't even heard of. That's cool, because targeting a younger audience is important and I don't expect every wave to fit my personal wish list.

I was disapointed tho there were no new 14 inch guys seen yet. Fingers crossed Black Adam 14" and a few surprises pop up soon. I'm liking the randomness of these waves; ya never know what's coming next. Makes it fun.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

No classic Universal or Hammer monsters saves me some cash.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

I definitely want the 50th WGSHs but I was quite surprised and disappointed that there's no Universal Monsters, Hammer, Trek or Apes offered in this new wave.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

The wave just trickling out now had 4 apes characters, 4 Star Trek, 3 Hammer and 1 Universal Monster. From what I've been told, Mego wanted to mix it up a bit with the character selection for this wave. I'm really into the Apes myself, but I'm cool with sitting one out.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

Yeah, I'm delighted with the lack of Apes and Monsters… still buying multiples of the current releases to replace/upgrade old customs, as well as work up some new options.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
                The wave just trickling out now had 4 apes characters, 4 Star Trek, 3 Hammer and 1 Universal Monster. From what I've been told, Mego wanted to mix it up a bit with the character selection for this wave. I'm really into the Apes myself, but I'm cool with sitting one out.
                Is the Laughton Hunchback Universal? I thought it was RKO, or did Uni buy the rights?
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Definitely in for the WGSH return, and I couldn't pass on an Oompa Loompa. The Batman, regular Ghostface and Hatchet might be grabbed down the line. The rest would likely only be for custom fodder if I grabbed them. Okay with a wave I'm not all in on, given that I am trying to grab some extras of the current wave and may be getting multiples of the old timers.

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    Is the Laughton Hunchback Universal? I thought it was RKO, or did Uni buy the rights?
                    I believe it's under the Universal umbrella, regardless of that my point stands.

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by scott metzger
                      Okay with a wave I'm not all in on, given that I am trying to grab some extras of the current wave and may be getting multiples of the old timers.
                      Yeah, I don't mind a "gap wave". I think the repro WGSH is a great idea but I amassed a decent collection of the vintage, so it's not going to hurt my wallet. I look forward to seeing them at retail though, how fun.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Just curious about it or if I missed another monster in that wave. Usually Universal uses the Chaney Hunchback so I didn’t know they had this one too.

Originally posted by palitoy
                        I believe it's under the Universal umbrella, regardless of that my point stands.

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

They confirmed it's Laughton, all I got.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

solicits up at BBTS. Noticed Superman’s said 1978 and there are listings for Batman robin classic TV)

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                              solicits up at BBTS. Noticed Superman’s said 1978 and there are listings for Batman robin classic TV)
                              Let the mass confusion begin!! Those are most definitely the WGSH reissues, but boy is that description going to get people crazy!!
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

1978 Superman kind of implies the Reeve movie too

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                                Let the mass confusion begin!! Those are most definitely the WGSH reissues, but boy is that description going to get people crazy!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎