• LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

For those whom didn't see the video...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Looks like Robin comes with yellow sleeves.

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Are those T1 torsos?

Comment

• Gramercyplace
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jan 23, 2012

I think the 50th Anniversary Megos pictured are just mock-ups. I recognize the Robin tunic with the pale greenish-yellow, (very) short sleeves as the one Paul offers on his Dr Mego website. Supes has the Doc Mego red trunk-separates pulled over the blue jumpsuit, etc. It’s my guess that none of the actual figures have completed production yet.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Robin has the regular Mego body. Supposedly the figures are going to have the new bandless body. Robin should be on the shorter body that the Topps figures had, but, he'll probably have the regular newer regular size body.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

they all look really great. that Flashpoint Batman is really cool!

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

The 50th WGSH figures are all mock-ups.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Kind of feel the modern type 2 bodies would be somewhat more appropriate for the 50th figures, but if the heads and other accoutrements stay the same as what we're seeing here, they should work fine on the new bods. Regardless, they bring back a lot of great memories; I genuinely think these are going to go over like gangbusters. Given the Justice League DC figures appearances at Target, I'm assuming the limitations on where the DC figures can be sold is a thing of the past (or did I miss that announcement somewhere)? I would be very happy to see these turning up in the likes of Walmart, and I think they'd do well there. I recall some mention of retailer interest along the way, but no specifics. REALLY liking that Red Sun Supes head, both as a Mego collector and a Mego customizer. Super classic look; to my eye, it has Golden Age Supes written all over it.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                    The 50th WGSH figures are all mock-ups.
                    Good, because I sure don't' want layered trunks on these figures.

Years ago, DM did near-perfect repros of Emerald Archer and Armored Avenger suits, so it can be done and done well.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Z-man 307
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Mar 15, 2010

Looks like a picture of Green Arrow on the side panel (middle pic), so I hope he is to come as well!

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

It’s fun to see this, definitely brings back memories, but wasn’t Tarzan included in that 72 series? guessing mego would need permission from the ERB estate, would be nice.

Green Arrow didn’t come around until I think 74 as a type 1 but he’s pictured on the side panel anyway.

Maybe they needed 6 heroes and couldn’t get the licensing from ERB estate for Tarzan so they went with his replacement from back in the day, makes sense.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

Oh I am getting Red Hood and hope the do more of the modern Batman Family
                          batman family.jpgbatgirls.jpgbatman family webtoon.jpg
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by TrekStar
                            It’s fun to see this, definitely brings back memories, but wasn’t Tarzan included in that 72 series? guessing mego would need permission from the ERB estate, would be nice.

Green Arrow didn’t come around until I think 74 as a type 1 but he’s pictured on the side panel anyway.

Maybe they needed 6 heroes and couldn’t get the licensing from ERB estate for Tarzan so they went with his replacement from back in the day, makes sense.
                            Sorry folks, Tarzan was introduced in the 73 line up, he was not in the 72 first wave heroes.
                            I honestly thought he was and I call myself a mego lover.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

I would also LOVE to see Batman Incorporate/Batmen of All Nations as Megos. I do not understand why McFarlane keeps releasing so many Batmans while ignoring this group.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Timothy2251
                                Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                                • Mar 15, 2008

I'm onboard for Red Hood and an Oompa Loompa to go with my Mego Willy Wonka (heck, gimme a two-pack of Oompa Loompas! Or more! One can never have enough, I say!). May very well get the Dude and John Belushi figures if the head sculpts are accurate, but the other announcements aren't grabbing me for some reason. Probably because I already have versions of Ghostface and Crowley via NECA's Retro line, and the latest TCM film left me cold.
                                "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎