X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

GiJoe vinyl radio/field phone variations 1964-1969

So I thought I'd post up some of the 1964-1969 vinyl radio/field phone variations I have.

Left to right:
    *Green/light green camo radio/field phone. Very early, was part of the original prototype and toy fare designs. This is what is shown on the interior lid of the footlocker. Quite rare
    *Standard brown/green. Came included in the footlocker, and some other soldier and marine sets
    *Brown, came packaged in some soldier and marine sets
    *Gray Air Police (AP). Only came packaged carded, with an Air Police (AP) white helmet with AP on the front
    *Black Air Security (AS). 1967 only, and came packaged carded, with an Air Security (AS) blue helmet with A.S. on the front. Quite scarce

Here's a couple of additional pictures of my early green camo radio/field phone. The 2nd picture also includes a shot of the early production cloth medic pouch. Later issues were molded in plastic.

Attached Files
    Last edited by drquest; Jul 19, '22, 7:16 PM.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

You have a phenomenal collection, thanks for sharing. I've admired the solid-color ones, and it's a real pleasure to see them organized together.

When I was expanding my 40th Joe repro collection to add additional figures, I used some 40th Action Man and vintage Joe parts to complete them. Getting a gray radio to accessorize my repro Air Security officer was exciting.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 19, '22, 7:27 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

Very nice collection of these. The prices on anything 12 inch GI Joe are so high right now that I've been staying out the game and trying to enjoy what I have.

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        You have a phenomenal collection, thanks for sharing.
        My sentiments, too. I always appreciate seeing items from your collection, Danny.

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Makernaut
          My sentiments, too. I always appreciate seeing items from your collection, Danny.
          Well thank you both! I don't have everything I want, and have had more, but if there's anything specific you'd like to see and I have it I'll take some pictures and post it up. My wife and kids don't care anymore about my collection and they aren't interested in hearing me talk about it, lol.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Well, I love the minutiae of production variations, so share away.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

I like these and the backpack phones but it's not easy finding those without the hinge being broken.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎