X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: Big Jim Kung Fu Studio

Toy-Ventures: Big Jim Kung Fu Studio New to the channel? Subscribe! ?https://bit.ly/3D3zxJK Everybody’s Kung Fu fighting on this week’s Toy-Ventures with an in-depth look at the Mattel Big Jim Kung Fu Studio playset. We also discuss the Martial Arts craze that inspired this iconic 70s toy. Toy-Ventures Magazine is now available for subscription: http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop Pod […]
    The post Toy-Ventures: Big Jim Kung Fu Studio appeared first on PS.

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Great video, I'm such a fan of Big Jim, and this is his best playset IMO. PM sent.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
      Career Member
      • Jan 19, 2019

I have the set with the original box, but unfortunately I'm missing the white bench.
      Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

Great video! I enjoyed your enthusiasm while talking about it. I didn't play with Big Jim as a kid because I was into GI Joe Adventure Team. But, as an adult, I now have a small Big Jim collection among other things like most of you. My favorite playsets are the airplane, the camper, and the Safari Hut. I did have the Kung Fu Studio at one time, but I was never into Karate as a kid or adult, and my set was missing the accessories so there wasn't much play fun without them. Plus it took up a lot of space, so I decided to downsize and sold it.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
          I have the set with the original box, but unfortunately I'm missing the white bench.
          The white bench is not included in the American version.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

I have a beater version of the gym packed away. This was a great idea of a playset.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• KingKickass1983
              Career Member
              • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              The white bench is not included in the American version.
              Oh, so mine IS complete...in a sense...
              Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Timothy2251
                Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                • Mar 15, 2008

My brother and I each had these - they were on clearance at Two Guys, I think, for like 2 bucks each, so my dad got one for each of us. I had Big Jim and Big Jack, while my brother was all about Dr. Steel.
                "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I need a Dr. Steel for this playset!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

What a great video, and I'm so glad you FINALLY got that childhood grail piece. Even happier it lived up to the hype. It looks like a ton of fun! I appreciated the "Kung-Fu Craze" history as well.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎