Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Monster Hight cartoon does not look good.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New Monster Hight cartoon does not look good.

Confirms the leaked doll photos going around. It's needs to be said, the character designs are terrible. No way to sugar coat it. Looks like Bratz knock offs of MH characters. Makes me miss the previous reboot. It wasn't great but it looked way better than this. At least they still looked like MH. The new designs are just so generic, bland and samey to every other Bratz wannabe line out now.

Story line seems to be following the equally bad looking new live action movie.

Nickelodeon and Mattel today announced the lineup of actors lending their voices to the fashionable monsters featured in the upcoming original animated series M

Maybe kids unfamiliar with HM will like this reboot. I'm out.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 13, '22, 6:14 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

Yes, I'm disappointed, too. Clawdeen looks like a nerd. Toralei is the only one who looks like herself. I wouldn't call them Bratz knockoffs myself. At least Bratz have/had an edginess or sassiness about them. These new re-imagined characters look more cuter and Disney-fied to me. It may appeal to kids, but not adult collectors who found the originals so unique and appealing in the first place. One of the many things I liked about the original ghoul designs were that they had these freakishly oddly long, sleek fashion model-like bodies which worked great for the dolls because it showcased the outfits and shoes, but I guess some parents didn't like that image because they thought they looked anorexic or promoted unhealthy body images. I assume Mattel or Nick wanted to change them to a more realistic body image since the message is all about inclusion and being different and accepting others differences in the first place, not to mention the currently popular Rainbow High and LOL dolls have more curvier bodies. I guess they want to go with the current trend.
    Last edited by RonnyG; Jul 14, '22, 2:47 AM.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

What did they do to Lagoona Blue?
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

So cutesy. I'd be hard-pressed not to pick up Deuce as a stand-alone figure--I like his more abundant locks--but these seem far-removed from what I'd consider MH.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Still no Ghoulia? That is a bit disappointing.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

I love how they list all these "voice actors" (and I'm being totally sarcastic) with their pictures as if anyone cares. They will all just sound like themselves.
            I'm so sick of generic and stunt voice casting. The new Super Pets has the same problem. Instead of Krypto being an actual character, he just sounds like Dwayne Johnson.

The animation world desperately needs another Mel Blanc to be discovered.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎