Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

It seems they went the same route as the actual costume more or less. It's odd that they didn't use a darker colored body underneath, but I'm sure they have lots of flesh bodies laying around.

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

I removed about 1/3 of the (loose) triangles and worked all of the joints slowly back and forth until the top coat (over painted) released (without any tearing) from the this bodysuit wrapping. The figure looks much more attractive with the contrast of colors, and some of the gauze threads loosening for better effect. The experimental factory paint apps got far away from them on this one… a Cornelius body could have worked too.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^ Yes, I was thinking the wash, likely acylic paint, should just have been diluted--perhaps over a darker body and bandages.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I hadn't taken my Topps Mummy out of the card yet and i just noticed flesh color peeking through on his arms. Crud.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wise guy
            Career Member
            • Dec 29, 2014

I recieved the regular Hammer Mego and he is a statue with no arm or leg movement. Mego is starting to make figures worse than FTC.

Comment

• Ivaniski
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by wise guy
              I recieved the regular Hammer Mego and he is a statue with no arm or leg movement. Mego is starting to make figures worse than FTC.
              Over 4 decades later and there's regression not progression. So Sad, for the King of action figures....MEGO !! !!!
              Last edited by Ivaniski; Jul 19, '22, 7:19 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Yeah that’s it. It’s not supposed to be posed or touched

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                I don't think that mummies bend their knees in the first place. Maybe that's why...
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Does anyone remember if the old school ahi Mummy could bend the knees? I think it could, but did the same problem occur? could you see the the bodies yellow color knees between the bandages? I had one way back in the day but can’t remember.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TrekStar
                    Does anyone remember if the old school ahi Mummy could bend the knees? I think it could, but did the same problem occur? could you see the the bodies yellow color knees between the bandages? I had one way back in the day but can’t remember.
                    I'm sure it did but it cost like a buck. And a kids toy, not a fancy MOC card collectible like Mego.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      The hands and arms are probably all on one set of tooling, possibly even with the legs and feet. It would be a lot of wasted material to produce all the pieces in black to have to scrap all the extra parts to get one black hand out of it. That's why they painted the one black hand. The torso and pelvis are all probably on one set of tooling, too. The cost of the figures would go way up to have to produce the single hand in black, even if the hands and arms are the only items in one set of tooling. It's even possible that there is more than one set of arms and hands in one set of tooling. If I were the company owner, I would have the tooling made with multiple sets in one set of tooling to make production take less time and produce as many parts as possible with each injection cycle.
                      Looking at the Riddler's body, I think you have it broken down pretty much exactly. His arm AND leg parts are purple. The body and hips are flesh, at least on mine. But they were able to just do the green hands with flesh arms on wave 15 Green Arrow, so I guess it depends on the figures and how you might be able to spread the costs over the whole wave.

As for the Mummy, I'm not sure why they painted the bandages this time. They appear to be brown material; moving the joints doesn't reveal lighter material beneath anymore because of this, but it also seems to make the painting unnecessary.
                      Last edited by scott metzger; Jul 21, '22, 3:01 PM.

Comment

• PB
                        • Jul 2, 2021

Maybe they were going for a behind-the-scenes accurate color to the body? I too would have preferred the monster hands.

I was getting a little ambitious with the posing and now understand what is being described here. Damn, this is my preferred mummy too. I think the problem is the paint doubles as an adhesive so the limbs cannot slide underneath of the fabric layer. If you’re going to open this one try running it under hot water and once soaked give the costume a pinch and squeeze here and there until you can feel the cloth slide free from the plastic, especially around the joints. My example came with the cheesecloth pinched at the hip. I am sure would have tore without the warm water treatment.

Comment

• PB
                          • Jul 2, 2021

No organs, no tears, no problem.
                          Last edited by PB; Sep 2, '22, 3:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡