Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 80's Kid
    • Jul 3, 2022

Mad Monsters rerelease?

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I've just returned to collecting Mego and am trying to buy back my old collection. My memory is fuzzy on what I did and did not have so I was sorting through some old pics. I noticed I had all 4 Mad Monsters, but I have no memory of hunting those down. Was there some sort of rerelease of these around 2005(ish)?

Thanks in advance for any clarity you can give me
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

There were four main releases. The original Megos in the early 70s, the Tim Mee figures in the late 70s/early 80s, the CTVT figures in the early to mid 2000s on their India made bodies and then 2012 from FTC (sister company to CTVT) on their improved China made bodies. They still have parts available and the complete Werewolf figure.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

The FTC Monster Castle was well-reproduced, I reviewed it here. But both issues of their Mad Monsters were poor, China body or not.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

There are some definite issues with all of the mass produced reproduction Mego bodies that I have used. The FTC Type S might be the best all around. Buying the repro suits and heads and hands and then using the Type S body might give the best results other than hunting down originals.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

The Castle and Batcaves were great playsets. Ditto for the Batvehicles. I dont think anyone has had an issue with their playsets

Comment

• 80's Kid
            • Jul 3, 2022

Ah, thanks. I must have purchased the ones from the early 2000's. Which might be why I have no memory of them. New & reproductions just don't hold my heart like original 1970's figures do.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

I never collected the Mad Monsters till I had to get the parts for my ReMego Svengoolie parts. Way back when I decided to get the Remco Universal Monsters instead.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡