X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Dye stain removal mishap

I finally got access to some benzoyl peroxide zit cream to remove some dye stains from a Mego body I'm making a custom out of. Took the arms off and applied the zit cream and wrapped them up in plastic cling wrap. I put them out on the landing at the top of the concrete steps in front of our house and left them in the sun to fade the stains. I went back a while later, and one of the arms is gone. I don't have any clue as to what happened to it. Might have been a crow, or squirrel, or cat, or dog, or kid, or a tweaker, but I haven't the slightest idea of why it's missing. I looked everywhere for it. Up and down the street and sidewalk. Under the cars parked in the street. In our yard and the two neighbors yards next to our house. There is no reason why anyone would take one of them. Such a bummer. The new bodies aren't easy to match skin tones between figures. Not like in the old days when most of the bodies were the same color. I'm making a shirtless custom and need the skin tone to be one color. I'm using the Aragorn figure, and his skin isn't a match for any other figure. I do have another Aragorn to get another arm from, but I was going to use him for a custom, too. Now I'm going to have one less custom that I can make that I had planned.

I just needed to vent a little frustration. It's the figure I'm making The Crow out of. Sucks that I"m unable to make as many variations as I had planned, and now have a worthless figure missing an arm.

End of rant...
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Sounds like a squirrel there always looking for food scraps whatever maybe a bird but only a crow could pick it up with its beak, but my money is on a squirrel. Obviously neither the crow or squirrel could swallow it, the squirrel would chew on it with its sharp teeth but then just leave it.

I suggest looking around your yard, it might be lying in the grass somewhere? dogs and cats would just sniff it but its not food, they would just leave it there, a kid taking it doesn’t make any sense why take one and leave the other?

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Man, that stinks. Although there is a certain irony that the arm of your Crow may have been taken an actual crow...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Well, I found it today. It was either taken by a squirrel or a crow. I found it across the street. It wasn't there yesterday. I looked. It was unwrapped and I didn't find the plastic wrap. It was in the street next to the curb, under a tree that both squirrels and crows hang out in. It wasn't chewed on, so I don't know whom to blame. We feed both squirrels and crows on a daily basis, so they are always here. I'm really glad I found it, and it wasn't run over by a car, or chewed up. Now it's duct taped to the concrete, so it won't get stolen again.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I'm glad you found it.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Well, your custom is going to have one heckuva story behind it! Glad things worked out.

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

Great story with a great ending
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...