Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longbox Heroes (Super Powers Rocketeer and Others)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Longbox Heroes (Super Powers Rocketeer and Others)

I didn't see a thread for these anywhere, just people casually talking about them in the McFarlane DC Super Powers thread, but since this is a separate line and it officially "launched" this week as one of those BBTS Kickstarter type projects, I thought I'd create one.

I don't love the name "Longbox" is a kinda silly name (yes I know what it is) but I think saying "comic" somewhere would have been a better fit, but this is a glorious looking retro line from FMF who have done good work with their retro stuff thus far.

The big heavy hitters for this are Tick, Rocketeer and Goon IMO, with the rest like Madman, Hack, Grendel, all kinda the usual suspects of indy comic lines. They've went all in on Rocketeer with THREE different figures from the new comics and they look great.

At $25 the price is right (yes not cheap but not ridiculous either) and the line needs your pre-orders to make it.

Basically it's like a KS, except it's done on BBTS, so you don't have to pay anything and also, there's no risk to you.

No dopey Super Powers "action features" just 4.5" figures in that style, build and design.

More info here: https://www.freshmonkeyfiction.com/l...roescollection

And of course you can pre-order at BBTS.

GO ORDER SOME!
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Maybe 20 yrs ago. So the Longbox refers to comic book storage boxes right?

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
      Maybe 20 yrs ago. So the Longbox refers to comic book storage boxes right?
      I mean with McFarlane reviving Super Powers, this line and Boss Fight Studio's "super powers" line with the King Features characters, this style has arguably never been more current or relevant.

Also a weird thing to say on a toy forum all about Mego which came out in the 70s. "Retro" is kinda this place's whole purpose.

And yeah longbox is the large comic storage boxes that comics were kept and and even many comic shops used in lieu of racks.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

OMG I love some of these, especially Rocketeer.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

I don't see where I said anything negative about retro toys. All I meant was maybe 20 years ago I would have been more open to a new line of collecting. At this point, I'm actively shrinking my collections and really considering whether to include new additions to my now narrow focus. That's just me.

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
            I don't see where I said anything negative about retro toys. All I meant was maybe 20 years ago I would have been more open to a new line of collecting.
            Ah that's fair, I thought you were saying that as sort of "well that's an outdated style of toy" kind of thing.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

I think anything not made of pixels is an outdated toy haha.

Comment

• JFAWWE
                • Feb 4, 2008

I'm all in on these even though I do not know some of the characters. Super Powers was one of my favorite toy lines ever with the Green Lantern figure being my favorite of all time.

I'm hoping they do some of the Public Domain heroes with unique headsculpts and some small playsets/vehicles.

Ordered 2 full sets of all the figures plus two extra Onslaught Troopers (love that you get an extra head with these to make an officer).

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  OMG I love some of these, especially Rocketeer.
                  Same. It's SO easy to imagine a Rocketeer line from Kenner in this style.

Originally posted by JFAWWE
                  I'm all in on these even though I do not know some of the characters. Super Powers was one of my favorite toy lines ever with the Green Lantern figure being my favorite of all time.

I'm hoping they do some of the Public Domain heroes with unique headsculpts and some small playsets/vehicles.

Ordered 2 full sets of all the figures plus two extra Onslaught Troopers (love that you get an extra head with these to make an officer).
                  Heck yeah!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Mego should try something like this but they probably won't.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

These are pretty neat, I wouldn’t mind having a custom 8 inch mego size Goon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TrekStar
                        These are pretty neat, I wouldn’t mind having a custom 8 inch mego size Goon.
                        you missed out I did Frankie and the Goon and sold them on the bay.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• supes
                          For the love of Mego's!
                          • Jan 19, 2004

They look really great!! Was hoping they would have done a Badger figure

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

I like the all female wave at BBTS with Miss Fury, Bulletgirl, Miss Masque and Phantom Lady.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                              Permanent Member
                              • May 15, 2009

BBTS updated the pricing on the all-in 7 figure wave (which does not include the Rocketeer characters, they're separate) and the mystery 7th figure is now free. So you pay for 6, get 7.

That's kinda what I expected it was supposed to originally be, but for whatever reason BBTS didn't catch it until recently.

Still no word on who it will be, but my guess would be a variant of one of the people already being released in the wave. I'm thinking Mucus Tick, but could be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎