X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

How was your 4th of July weekend?

It was a weird weekend for me. I was informed Friday there would be a tropical storm headed directly over me -- not that a tropical storm would wreak havoc on anything but outdoor plans but still. Come Saturday the storm had dissipated to nothing with absolutely no rainfall. All the small planters and wreaths I put indoors was for nothing.

Spent Sunday doing maintenance work around the house. Good majority of the day was spent maintaining my riding mower -- sharpening the blades as well as changing the oil and filters...

Monday I ended up bbqing some burgers. I tend to stay away from red meat but considering the holiday I justified it. Lit some fireworks with the neighbors but came in early because it was too loud for the little one and my dog. Enjoyed the rest across the water from my home office.

• LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I mowed the lawn on the 3rd and did some other yard work. On the 4th I hung out with Me and Myself.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

It was a good weekend. On Saturday we had a small get together that was a going away celebration for one of our D&D group who is being deployed to Kuwait for the next six months. We played a special going away one-shot of D&D with him as the DM.

Sunday was our regular D&D game that I DM. We had all our regulars over and did a potluck picnic style as my wife cooked a ham for sandwiches and we had potato salad, coleslaw, macaroni salad, and lots of desserts.

Monday we went to a small cook out gathering over a friend's house and just hung out and relaxed with friends.

Of course all weekend long it felt like our house was a small lifeboat stuck between two war galleys having a cannon battle as it seemed everyone in our neighborhood except us dropped a few thousand dollars on fireworks and set them all off between 9 and 11 each night. Not as bad as the year before the pandemic where we had one neighbor drop over $10K on fireworks who set them off every weekend from early May through October, but still not fun, especially since our dog gets freaked out form the noise.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎