• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    In Boston?? There has to be
    I’m south of the city between Boston and Cape Cod, I’m sure somewhere there’s animal shelters, driving into the city is not exactly on my to do list, it’s a nightmare with traffic and construction.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

His name is now Roger. He was a stray and Chip was assigned at the pound so he didn’t know it anyway.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• J.B.
        Guild Navigator
        • Jun 23, 2010

His name is now Roger. He was a stray and Chip was assigned at the pound
        Will Roger be getting a Chip?
        You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by J.B.
          Will Roger be getting a Chip?
          the county chipped him
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

I don't recall the local Humane Society ever giving dogs away for free. I remember they were even 'importing' dogs from out of state shelters to keep up with the demand for dogs.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by apes3978
              I don't recall the local Humane Society ever giving dogs away for free. I remember they were even 'importing' dogs from out of state shelters to keep up with the demand for dogs.
              This was Animal Control. The Humane Society is difficult to work with here and expensive.

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

This was Animal Control. The Humane Society is difficult to work with here and expensive.
                Ah, okay... Gotcha.

While I totally support what they do, the local Humane Society *does* charge rather high adoption fees. But they're cheaper than a local no kill shelter: IIRC, they charge a few hundred dollars to adopt a dog from them. Cats are cheaper, but still on the high side, I want to say $175. (But I'd have to double check that to be sure. But I do know it's a lot regardless.)

Edited to add: The adoption fee for dogs & puppies at the 'no kill' shelter is $350.00, and individual cats are $135.00 each, or adopt a pair for $200.00.
                Last edited by apes3978; Jul 8, '22, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎