X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Hummels for Nerds. Batman 66 Figurines

Ok this is equally awful and amazing. If I had a lottery win I would be so in.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Ooh, I want the villains Bombs Away! diorama.

And I must give Bradford props for depicting Penguin's trousers a little more accurately--something I've NEVER seen before in Batman '66 merchandising.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

It isn't that they are expensive...but the display cabinet and the extra space and the dusting...

Comment

• rykerw1701
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 27, 2007

Bradford Exchange stuff always lacks detail when you see it in hand. All these items look good in the pictures they supply, but I'd wait until I see some that collectors have taken pictures of before I invested.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^All of those companies, Bradford Exchange, Danbury Mint, Franklin Mint, etc. disappoint in person. Decades ago when I was in college, my Mom got me a Star Trek sculpture from The Franklin Mint. When it came in, the Enterprise was made of a flimsy rubbery material, much like the Micro Machines version released around the same time, but with less detail. The delta arrowhead symbol on the front of the base was glued on crooked with slop on the sides. I think she paid about $50 for that back then, and it looked like a $10 item at best.
          sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

I am not at all surprised about the lack of quality in person. And I just dont see the need to add more stuff to a junk pile that my family will have to dispose of soon haha.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎