X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    How this has not happened is beyond me--seems perfect for the Mego treatment on the various classic bodies: Popeye, Olive Oyl, Bluto, and Wimpy.
    Probably because Mego would have to produce unique body parts for Popeye and Bluto, at least an articulated Hulk body. The forearms could be reused for Popeye off of it too. There have been a couple lines already so King Features, or whomever, is open to it.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I figured the forearms would be new, and not easily repurposed. I thought Bluto might use the "Brock Samson" body, but DM may not have those molds anymore.

Getting King Features and Conde-Nast licenses would be terrific, I'd like a Prince Valiant figure, too but that appeal is esoteric.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• toyman
        Just Another Collector
        • Sep 1, 2008

The Phantom and King Arthur would be great.

Comment

• Mejo
          Museum Patron
          • Jun 30, 2022

Originally posted by TRDouble

Archie Comics, including Archie and the gang, along with their superhero properties (if they still have them), would be fun too.
          I can definitely see Archie getting the Mego treatment!

Comment

• Mejo
            Museum Patron
            • Jun 30, 2022

I know it's Disney, and that's an iffy probability, but the Medfield College movies would be fun--with figures of Dexter Riley, Schuler, Dean Higgins, A.J. Arno, and even Prof. Brainard from the Flubber films.

Dexter's figure could come with items representing each of the films in his trilogy: a paper lunch bag with an apple (The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes), a half visible/half transparent pair of reading glasses (Now You See Him, Now You Don't), and a box of Crumply Crunch cereal (The Strongest Man in the World).

As far as Kurt Russell cult classics go, Snake Plissken, R.J. MacReady, and The Commander would be cool too!

Comment

• Mejo
              Museum Patron
              • Jun 30, 2022

Oh, I'd also like to see a Captain Avenger figure (John Ritter from Hero At Large)!

And Galaxy Quest!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                I figured the forearms would be new, and not easily repurposed. I thought Bluto might use the "Brock Samson" body, but DM may not have those molds anymore.

Getting King Features and Conde-Nast licenses would be terrific, I'd like a Prince Valiant figure, too but that appeal is esoteric.
                reuse the Brock forearms for Popeye. the Brock body would work for Hellboy too
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Heroes of History, there’s plenty to choose from.

Comment

• drogge
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 24, 2009

Clash of the Titans
                    Buck Rogers
                    Star Wars
                    Marvel
                    The Boys
                    Continue with Hammer
                    Horror
                    Krull
                    Hocus Pocus
                    Rocky Horror Picture Show
                    So much more...

Comment

• nubee
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 15, 2010

I want Dr. Craven, Dr. Scarabus and Dr. Bedlo.

Of course Spaceballs....but that will never happen:(
                      Last edited by nubee; Jul 3, '22, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 19, 2019

Rambo
                        Cobra
                        Space Adventure Cobra
                        John Carter of Mars
                        Danzig
                        Hercules the Legendary Journeys
                        Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

Mine might be out of left field, but I'd love to see a deal between Mego and the Frazetta Girls who control the Frazetta estate for the various characters that Frank created in his paintings. I'd love to see Death Dealer, the warrior from Dark Kingdom, the Silver Warrior (perhaps with a polar bear or two in tow), the Sea Witch, an Egyptian Princess, The Sorcerer, the Executioner, Frank's versions of Dracula and Wolfman to tie into other licenses and more. All with glorious Frazetta art on the packages and the Mego logo. If you can also cut a deal with the Burroughs and Howard estates, there could be Frazetta inspired Conan, John Carter and Tarzan figures too, all with that glorious Frazetta art on the packaging to make it stand out on the racks and bring in a new wave of Frazetta collectors to the world of Mego.

-M
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

A second license I'd love to see, which is unlikely because Hasbro, is to work a deal with Wizards of the Coast for a Dungeons & Dragons line-Drizzt, Vecna, Elminster, Dragonlance, Lord Soth, Count Strahd von Zarovich Warduke, the cartoon kids, monsters like a mind flayer, mummy, skeletons, orcs, goblins, dragonmen, etc. There's no limit to what they could do if it sells, from known named characters to more generic monsters with crossover appeal to the horror line, to revivals of knights, merry men and pirates with a D&D flair and logo branding to add crossover appeal.

I am pretty confident I will never see either of the lines I suggested, especially after Lord of the Rings failed to sell well enough, but I can dream...

-M
                            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by MRP
                              Mine might be out of left field, but I'd love to see a deal between Mego and the Frazetta Girls who control the Frazetta estate for the various characters that Frank created in his paintings. I'd love to see Death Dealer, the warrior from Dark Kingdom, the Silver Warrior (perhaps with a polar bear or two in tow), the Sea Witch, an Egyptian Princess, The Sorcerer, the Executioner, Frank's versions of Dracula and Wolfman to tie into other licenses and more. All with glorious Frazetta art on the packages and the Mego logo. If you can also cut a deal with the Burroughs and Howard estates, there could be Frazetta inspired Conan, John Carter and Tarzan figures too, all with that glorious Frazetta art on the packaging to make it stand out on the racks and bring in a new wave of Frazetta collectors to the world of Mego.

-M
                              I sure do love this idea!

Comment

• JoeMego
                                • Oct 29, 2018

DOCTOR WHO! I want all the Doctors (well, except for one...)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎