Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Any chance Mego finishes out the TNG crew, or are they pretty much done with Star Trek? It seems with the relatively strong season 3 of Picard, there aren’t/weren’t going to be many better opportunities to do TNG merchandise.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Liu Bei
      Any chance Mego finishes out the TNG crew, or are they pretty much done with Star Trek? It seems with the relatively strong season 3 of Picard, there aren’t/weren’t going to be many better opportunities to do TNG merchandise.
      I think the odds we would see Dr. Crusher, Wesley, or Troi are low... Yar, Broccoli, Ro, Pulaski, etc. virtually nil. I think TNG aliens would be more likely.

But hey, we got 5... which if you think about it, that is as many that we got back in the '70s of TOS crew.

Comment

• Liu Bei
        Banned
        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by sprytel
        I think the odds we would see Dr. Crusher, Wesley, or Troi are low... Yar, Broccoli, Ro, Pulaski, etc. virtually nil. I think TNG aliens would be more likely.

But hey, we got 5... which if you think about it, that is as many that we got back in the '70s of TOS crew.
        I think they could still get some of those characters out, but they’d have to get creative. Troi and Crusher could each be a part of a two-pack with stronger characters, preferably an alien. Maybe someone like Gowron, Spock or Sarek from their TNG appearance, Q in captain’s uniform, or some generic alien like the Anticans or the Selay.

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

And if they wanted to save on sculpting, they could do Lore, Thomas Riker, and Picard in his season 5 jacket / alternate uniform as options for a two-pack with Troi and Crusher.

Comment

• hizzy
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 1, 2023

I don't know if Kiss was a good seller for Mego, but I wouldn't mind seeing other musicians. Bootsy Collins, George Clinton, James Brown come to mind. Also, older Wresting promotions like NWA & AWA. A Jim Cornette and the Midnight Express boxed set, Road Warriors boxset, maybe a Japanese wrestler like Tiger Mask?

I would also be down for a Lone Wolf & Cub Mego, a Zatoichi, Gordon Liu in 36 Chambers. Maybe some athletes, too? A Mike Tyson Figure? Some Hockey Legends? A Shaq/Kazzam figure?

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by hizzy
              I don't know if Kiss was a good seller for Mego, but I wouldn't mind seeing other musicians. Bootsy Collins, George Clinton, James Brown come to mind. Also, older Wresting promotions like NWA & AWA. A Jim Cornette and the Midnight Express boxed set, Road Warriors boxset, maybe a Japanese wrestler like Tiger Mask?

I would also be down for a Lone Wolf & Cub Mego, a Zatoichi, Gordon Liu in 36 Chambers. Maybe some athletes, too? A Mike Tyson Figure? Some Hockey Legends? A Shaq/Kazzam figure?
              I'd love to see it, but I think the rights for Tiger Mask would be too expensive. Popular Japanese IPs usually have prohibitively exorbitant prices.

I'd like to see Mego get into the 3.75in - 5in figure scale again. Some lines, like wrestling, would work better there.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Neca made some really cool Eddie figures from Iron Maiden. I'd like to see Mego make figures from the first three album covers, since Neca didn't make those.

Comment

• hizzy
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Apr 1, 2023

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                  I'd love to see it, but I think the rights for Tiger Mask would be too expensive. Popular Japanese IPs usually have prohibitively exorbitant prices.

I'd like to see Mego get into the 3.75in - 5in figure scale again. Some lines, like wrestling, would work better there.
                  I'd like to see a pocket super heroes revival with playsets!

Comment

• Liu Bei
                    Banned
                    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by hizzy
                    I'd like to see a pocket super heroes revival with playsets!
                    Yeah, that’s what I had in mind too. Supposedly FTC was supposed to be reviving that line, but I never heard anything else about it.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎