X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by ToyBob
    More than a little cult but how about Space Precinct 2040, cool costumes and aliens not unlike Mego's own ST Aliens line. They have few 12" examples that would look good in 8".
    I’d love anything Space Precinct related, but on a side note, is 2040 really part of the title? I never thought it was until I read your post, then decided to double check. It seems a lot of sites just use the title Space Precinct, while others use Space Precinct 2040. Weird.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
      Creature Of The Night
      • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Liu Bei
      Just want to reiterate Dark Shadows. It would go so well with their other horror releases.
      I just want to reiterate that I second this motion. I'm still hopeful for DS Megos, but I am beginning to think that the NECA 8" treatment might be the only option at this point. I'm also still hopeful that Mark Perry will find a home for his Dark Shadows: Reincarnation vision.

Comment

• ToyBob
        Museum Patron
        • Feb 21, 2022

I’d love anything Space Precinct related, but on a side note, is 2040 really part of the title? I never thought it was until I read your post, then decided to double check. It seems a lot of sites just use the title Space Precinct, while others use Space Precinct 2040. Weird.
        Well it has that kind of double meaning thing, you see 2040 and think it's the year but precincts are typically numbered.
        I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

• ToyBob
          Museum Patron
          • Feb 21, 2022

I was thinking Jurassic Park might be a good IP to do in Mego form, the original film license is likely more available than the more recent JW one. Also the standard body types are compatible to the characters in the movie like the fat body for Dennis Nedry for example. Been a few new JP figures but not to an oversaturated degree.

Comment

• Liu Bei
            Banned
            • Mar 31, 2018

I was thinking Jurassic Park might be a good IP to do in Mego form, the original film license is likely more available than the more recent JW one. Also the standard body types are compatible to the characters in the movie like the fat body for Dennis Nedry for example. Been a few new JP figures but not to an oversaturated degree.
            I’d like it, but they’d need to find a way to work some dinos into the line, as those generally are what power the JP license.

Comment

• ToyBob
              Museum Patron
              • Feb 21, 2022

I’d like it, but they’d need to find a way to work some dinos into the line, as those generally are what power the JP license.
              Well that could actually work hand in hand with a possible rerelease of One Million B.C. toys, the cave people don't do much for me(Such unkempt hair lol.) but I loved those dinosaurs and magnet spears. http://www.megomuseum.com/galleries/...on-bc-gallery/

Comment

• ToyBob
                Museum Patron
                • Feb 21, 2022

https://13thdimension.com/the-top-13...to-see-ranked/
                Came across this list by Dan Greenfield that had some good suggestions.

My picks would Mr. Freeze, Black Lighting, Bizarro, and Two-Face. http://megomuseum.com/community/show...s-of-two-minds Scott's custom one sure looks good for example.

I don't know The Atom character that well but an idea for a figure would be a three pack with one 12", another 8", and a 4"-3" like later day Mego figures as a size changing representation.

Comment

• ToyBob
                  Museum Patron
                  • Feb 21, 2022

9200213663_c3b0090376_b.jpg
                  I don't know what that license situation is like but I think Major Matt Mason would look cool in Mego form, printed jumpsuits with a few accessories on top.
                  major-matt-mason---mattel---major-matt-mason-with-moon-suit--ref6303--loose-p-image-335654-grand.jpg
                  Man are they expensive to buy, I like them but too rich for my blood. Even if Mego can't do it maybe White Elephant Toys could do a similar looking homage to them.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                    Banned
                    • Mar 31, 2018

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35382[/ATTACH]
                    I don't know what that license situation is like but I think Major Matt Mason would look cool in Mego form, printed jumpsuits with a few accessories on top.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]35383[/ATTACH]
                    Man are they expensive to buy, I like them but too rich for my blood. Even if Mego can't do it maybe White Elephant Toys could do a similar looking homage to them.
                    Mattel just released a new Matt Mason figure, along with Big Jim and Pulsar, last year for their “Back in Action” special. I think they are, or were, looking to revive those brands, so not likely that they are going to license them out at the moment.

If Mattel can do even half of what they’re doing with MOTU Origins for Matt Mason and Big Jim, it’d be beyond awesome.

Comment

• ToyBob
                      Museum Patron
                      • Feb 21, 2022

Mattel just released a new Matt Mason figure, along with Big Jim and Pulsar, last year for their “Back in Action” special. I think they are, or were, looking to revive those brands, so not likely that they are going to license them out at the moment.

If Mattel can do even half of what they’re doing with MOTU Origins for Matt Mason and Big Jim, it’d be beyond awesome.
                      Oh right, I forgot about those. I didn't like them much, a bit plain for my taste especially with Pulsar, but I see your point about the license.

Never say never but the three that came out will probably be one-offs kind of like Stretch Armstrong's rerelease. They've certainly put a lot of skin into MOTU but I bet they don't have a good steward on staff for making new stuff from those three characters.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                        Banned
                        • Mar 31, 2018

Oh right, I forgot about those. I didn't like them much, a bit plain for my taste especially with Pulsar, but I see your point about the license.

Never say never but the three that came out will probably be one-offs kind of like Stretch Armstrong's rerelease. They've certainly put a lot of skin into MOTU but I bet they don't have a good steward on staff for making new stuff from those three characters.
                        I didn’t like them either. Very generic, and very 90’s. If they want those lines to succeed, they need to treat them like they are treating MOTU Origins, which is a very faithful adaptation of the lines with modern articulation. Packaging, figures, and playsets should all have the aesthetic of the originals.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 29, 2018

Hasn’t Tom Hanks been talking about a Major Matt Mason Movie for awhile? I even read a thing where it was supposed to be a near future South LunarPole base where everything goes wrong and it’s all about survival. Kind of Shackleton and the Martian combined.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                            Banned
                            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                            Hasn’t Tom Hanks been talking about a Major Matt Mason Movie for awhile? I even read a thing where it was supposed to be a near future South LunarPole base where everything goes wrong and it’s all about survival. Kind of Shackleton and the Martian combined.
                            I heard Hanks was associated with it some time back, but never heard anything else about it again. I hope it doesn’t happen. Hanks is too old for the role, for one, and two I just don’t see how they could do it justice. I’d want the sets and costuming to resemble that retro futuristic 60’s space style, and have that same optimism about space and sci-fi that was prevalent in the 60’s.

With Hanks and Michael Chabon at the helm, you’d just as likely get a dark, moody, pretentious and cynical take that has that same garbage tech look you find in Transformers and other modern sci-fi.

Will we ever get anything that looks as iconic as Star Wars or the original Alien again? Because, to me, that was the apex of practical sci-fi sets on celluloid.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 29, 2018

The 60s RetroFuturism was what Tomorrowland was supposedly going for. I don’t feel like they hit that mark. If you think back to Apollo 13 and the Gene Cernan role that Ed Harris played as the Capcom would be good for Hanks.

Comment

• ToyBob
                                Museum Patron
                                • Feb 21, 2022

I heard Hanks was associated with it some time back, but never heard anything else about it again. I hope it doesn’t happen. Hanks is too old for the role, for one, and two I just don’t see how they could do it justice. I’d want the sets and costuming to resemble that retro futuristic 60’s space style, and have that same optimism about space and sci-fi that was prevalent in the 60’s.

With Hanks and Michael Chabon at the helm, you’d just as likely get a dark, moody, pretentious and cynical take that has that same garbage tech look you find in Transformers and other modern sci-fi.

Will we ever get anything that looks as iconic as Star Wars or the original Alien again? Because, to me, that was the apex of practical sci-fi sets on celluloid.
                                Definitely what they do now, dark for dark sake rather than it actually being integral to the story, very superficial take on gloom imo.

Yeah he's getting up there but development hell is a real place that can consume decades of a person's life. For example The Wayans had a film option for The Munsters for 10 years but they couldn't get a greenlight, cut to the present and they hand it to Rob Zombie who's never been a comedian as far as I know. Just watching a video about "bought options", studios will release garbage sequels just to hold onto a license but it doesn't stop them from holding back people actually interested in the property.

It's hard to get the right aesthetics today because so few people have the same attitude or mindshare on how things look. Take for example CGI, I thought that was a gradual transition, but no they basically shut down all the practical effects houses and fired everybody that works there everywhere. A lot of people can't tell the difference between standards which is why it's hard to get anyone to invest in better ones, you have to have somebody like Peter Jackson or Guillermo del Toro at the helm of the ship saying "No, this looks better.".

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎