X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToyBob
    Museum Patron
    • Feb 21, 2022

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
    The new 50th Ann. Penguin is on a bandless chubby body so there’s no problem of not having tooling for it.
    If the only issue was the chubby body tooling, Mego would have released the figures on the old banded fat body rather than cancel the figure altogether.
    Thank you for that information, I'm still a newbie for Mego and a bit confused by the ups & downs of this body transition phase, and the announce & cancel model. Right the new Penguin, not sure how I forgot that after watching a review about him.
    I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Count_Popula
      I never considered Batman '89 an "other" property. I just wonder why Mego hasn't already made Keaton Batman and Reeve Superman as part of their larger DC Universe lines. Those would be must buys for many of us.
      Heck yeah. I’d be all over that. I honestly don’t know why it hasn’t happened already. Would love to do a Justice League comprised of Reeve’s Superman, Keaton’s Batman, Carter’s Wonder Woman, and Ship’s Flash.

Comment

• ToyBob
        Museum Patron
        • Feb 21, 2022

http://www.megomuseum.com/galleries/buck12/
        Looking at the original Megos again and thinking I would love some in 8 inches. Buck, Twiki, and finally do the Wilma they never got to. Thinking Twiki could be done with a short body and Tinman style costume decoration. http://www.megomuseum.com/galleries/tinman/

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ToyBob
          http://www.megomuseum.com/galleries/buck12/
          Looking at the original Megos again and thinking I would love some in 8 inches. Buck, Twiki, and finally do the Wilma they never got to. Thinking Twiki could be done with a short body and Tinman style costume decoration. http://www.megomuseum.com/galleries/tinman/
          I believe the whole Buck Rogers license is in litigation right now. Which really sucks because I love Buck Rogers.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ToyBob
            Museum Patron
            • Feb 21, 2022

Originally posted by palitoy
            I believe the whole Buck Rogers license is in litigation right now. Which really sucks because I love Buck Rogers.
            Aw dang really, that's unfortunate. The world is SO litigious now, the situation that bugs me most is cases where nobody knows who owns the IP currently, like "Come one guys that's all you do at work?".

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Count_Popula
              I never considered Batman '89 an "other" property. I just wonder why Mego hasn't already made Keaton Batman and Reeve Superman as part of their larger DC Universe lines. Those would be must buys for many of us.
              While I think Warner Bros Discovery does own the rights to both of these, I do think they would be considered separate licenses from the comic characters. I think original Mego had to get a separate license for the Superman movie even though they already had the comic rights Superman.
              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• ToyBob
                Museum Patron
                • Feb 21, 2022

I know FTC did Swamp Thing not long ago but figured Mego could have a go too with maybe some of the film versions. Wouldn't mind a Barbeau figure like Neca did for The Fog, not sure if they're doing a Billi from Creepshow. Watching it again there isn't much Swamp Thing, more of a swamp thriller with mostly people.
                9ed987990e5a2beaff9ae5465983e636--adrienne-barbeau-swamp-thing.jpg

I kind of prefer The Return of Swamp Thing, more monsters, more Swamp Thing, and the costumes were a lot better.
                The-Return-of-Swamp-Thing.jpg c03f55a9-5796-41fa-913d-0967e04fd2c4._SR300,300_.jpg

Has Locklear ever had an action figure, couldn't find one? Guess T.J. Hooker was too late in timing for Mego to have done that one.
                The-Return-of-Swamp-Thing-1989-movie-3.jpg

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Has Locklear ever had an action figure, couldn't find one? Guess T.J. Hooker was too late in timing for Mego to have done that one.
                  The-Return-of-Swamp-Thing-1989-movie-3.jpg[/QUOTE]

I met Heather Locklear back in 84, picture autograph in red bathing suit, I actually shook her hand, my friend gave her a rose. There were never any T J Hooker figures made that I know of, but I don’t think making a custom Locklear would be to difficult.

Comment

• ToyBob
                    Museum Patron
                    • Feb 21, 2022

Originally posted by TrekStar
                    I met Heather Locklear back in 84, picture autograph in red bathing suit, I actually shook her hand, my friend gave her a rose. There were never any T J Hooker figures made that I know of, but I don’t think making a custom Locklear would be to difficult.
                    Oh neat so bitd when that show was on. Well just throwing ideas at the wall in hopes Mego might look into it. Actually thinking if they did some TJ hooker that would include a middle age Shatner head that could do some Kirk ST movie figures in 8".
                    Take that head and reuse it for a Shatner in The Devil's Rain, then make a Borgnine head for the same movie license, and take that head and do McHale, Black Hole, Airwolf, etc. etc..

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 18, 2007

Still want to see
                      Lone Ranger
                      Zorro
                      Farscape
                      Serenity/ Firefly
                      All these would sell well.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                        Still want to see
                        Lone Ranger
                        Zorro
                        Farscape
                        Serenity/ Firefly
                        Lone Ranger, Tonto and Zorro for sure and maybe even Robin Hood.

Comment

• ToyBob
                          Museum Patron
                          • Feb 21, 2022

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                          Still want to see
                          Lone Ranger
                          Zorro
                          Farscape
                          Serenity/ Firefly
                          I was thinking those would be good just based on structural integrity, was watching some Gabriel Toys repair and that is some fragile brittle plastic that has only gotten worse with age. So I'd love Tonto and the Lone Ranger at least while Zorro is another good one-off.

Funny was just talking to my cousin recently about Firefly, his fandom for the show still burns bright. Only saw the movie but found the TV show on Disney+ so I'm going to see what all the fuss is about. Just aesthetically I think they would look good in Mego form.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 19, 2019

Be great if we can get deluxe figures... like a redo of the knights line, but with better armor.
                            Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Liu Bei
                              Banned
                              • Mar 31, 2018

Just want to reiterate Dark Shadows. It would go so well with their other horror releases.

Comment

• ToyBob
                                Museum Patron
                                • Feb 21, 2022

More than a little cult but how about Space Precinct 2040, cool costumes and aliens not unlike Mego's own ST Aliens line. They have few 12" examples that would look good in 8".

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎