Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supes
    For the love of Mego's!
    • Jan 19, 2004

It sounded like Doc Mego put the nail in the coffin about ever getting Mego Lone Ranger or Zorro figures in last night's video saying that they wouldn't sell 😥

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by supes
      It sounded like Doc Mego put the nail in the coffin about ever getting Mego Lone Ranger or Zorro figures in last night's video saying that they wouldn't sell ��
      But Teen wolf and Avatar flew off the shelves.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 30, '22, 8:22 AM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

It sounded like Doc Mego put the nail in the coffin about ever getting Mego Lone Ranger or Zorro figures in last night's video saying that they wouldn't sell 😥
        ...And yet, in the early days of the Mego Corporation revival, they thought something like 'The Facts of Life' would do well...

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

It sounded like Doc Mego put the nail in the coffin about ever getting Mego Lone Ranger or Zorro figures in last night's video saying that they wouldn't sell ��
          He said a lot more than that. He said he actually approached the license holders about a series that included the Lone Ranger and Zorro but the up front cost was too high for what they'd sell. So it's not like he didn't do his due diligence with the property.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Are the licenses held in common?

The rights issues are interesting, because I'm sure there's a lot of interest here in Green Hornet, King Features, and Conde-Nast characters that Mego fans might like.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

To bad since Zorro was technically a mego licensed product back in the day, even though it was only sold in the UK can’t see why it can’t be remade for the US folks, I think it would sell well.

Maybe even add a Sargent Gonzalez with it.

Comment

• puckace
                Museum Super Collector
                • Feb 5, 2009

Too bad! I would absolutely pick both of them up along with Tonto. But Teen Wolf and Avatar were both a pass.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Green Hornet and Kati would be hugecwith the Batman 66 crowd. King Features Phanton Flash Gordon would do well too.

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Are the licenses held in common?

The rights issues are interesting, because I'm sure there's a lot of interest here in Green Hornet, King Features, and Conde-Nast characters that Mego fans might like.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• bgiles73
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 14, 2010

I would love to see: 1) The Matrix , 2)The Fifth Element , 3) Big Trouble in Little China , 4) The X-Files , 5) Interview With the Vampire , 6) Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I have about a million other things I would like to see that have been mentioned some that haven’t. A Captain Jack Sparrow would really be awesome!

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

You might lose a lot of detail if Jack Sparrow were to be done in 8 inch format.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• Liu Bei
                        Banned
                        • Mar 31, 2018

I’d still love to see the Six Million Dollar Man and Dark Shadows. Other lines include the Monster Squad, more from Hammer Horror, and the X-Files. Of course more Trek and POTA, as much as possible.

It’s amazing how much great stuff Mego has already put out, to be honest. It’s still very surreal sometimes that not only is Mego back, but just how much excellent stuff they’ve been able to churn out. God bless Marty, Dr. Mego, and the rest of the crew at Mego. You can see the love for Mego and from Mego with everything they do. On this Thanksgiving day, I can truly for these things, I am truly grateful.

Comment

• nubee
                          Career Member
                          • Feb 15, 2010

Yes.... definitely to 6 Millions Bucks Man series, Green Hornet & Kato.

Also The Shadow, Doc Savage, The Spider and Sherlock Holmes.

And Dr. Bedlo, Dr. Craven and Dr. Scarabus from The Raven.
                          Last edited by nubee; Nov 24, '22, 7:18 PM.

Comment

• bgiles73
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 14, 2010

Originally posted by JediJaida
                            You might lose a lot of detail if Jack Sparrow were to be done in 8 inch format.
                            I thought that Legolas and Aragorn from “The Lord of the Rings” both translated nicely. Sure Jack Sparrow might miss out on some detail, but it would certainly be fun to have something representing “Pirates of the Caribbean” as Megos. Barbosa would be another great character to have as well. I just think it would make for a lot of fun.

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

I'd like for the Super Knights to come back as well as an expansion.

Guinevere, Morgan le Fay, Ygraine Uther, Galahad, etc. With horses.
                              JediJaida

Comment

• apes3978
                                Permanent Member
                                • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by JediJaida
                                I'd like for the Super Knights to come back as well as an expansion.

Guinevere, Morgan le Fay, Ygraine Uther, Galahad, etc. With horses.
                                I'd love it if they'd reissue the Action Stallion (or any of the other color choices they had for the horse).

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎