Originally posted by mego newbie14
    archer.
    archer

Comment

• puckace
      Museum Super Collector
      • Feb 5, 2009

Originally posted by TrekStar
      What about the Wild Wild West? Jim West and Artimus Gordon.
      Those would be cool!

How about Bonanza?
      Ben
      Hoss
      Little Joe
      Adam
      Candy
      Hop Sing

Comment

• Mejo
        Museum Patron
        • Jun 30, 2022

If they did newspaper strip characters, Terry & the Pirates heads the list for me.

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by puckace

How about Bonanza?
          Ben
          Hoss
          Little Joe
          Adam
          Candy
          Hop Sing
          You'd definitely need to add Sheriff Coffee, and probably Clem too & throw in Jamie for completeness sake.

Comment

• puckace
            Museum Super Collector
            • Feb 5, 2009

Originally posted by apes3978
            You'd definitely need to add Sheriff Coffee, and probably Clem too & throw in Jamie for completeness sake.
            Those would be great. But Mego hasn't finished many line ups I would like to complete. Looking at the main characters for Wizard of Oz, Lord of the Rings, and Cheers for example. So the first 6 on my list are what I would hope Mego would put out as essential to the line. Perhaps Sheriff Coffee could replace Hop Sing. But I'd rather have Hop Sing.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I have put together a custom Mego Bonanza collection, I would like to add the Cartwrights faithful family cook Hop Sing, but I am stumped on who or what to use for a head?

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

Those would be great. But Mego hasn't finished many line ups I would like to complete. Looking at the main characters for Wizard of Oz, Lord of the Rings, and Cheers for example. So the first 6 on my list are what I would hope Mego would put out as essential to the line. Perhaps Sheriff Coffee could replace Hop Sing. But I'd rather have Hop Sing.
                Yes, Hop Sing is kind of essential. He may not have been in every episode, but even when he's not visibly shown, he's usually at least mentioned.

The core line-up could be :

Ben
                Adam
                Hoss
                Little Joe
                Hop Sing
                Sheriff Coffee

I can see why you'd want Candy, but since he and Adam never overlapped (they weren't in the same seasons), I think I could see Candy being left out of an initial batch.

I've read things thru the years where Pernell Roberts said he was unhappy being on the show, and that it wasn't an acting challenge and so on and so forth. And I've also read where Pernell said that a lot of that stuff was blown out of proportion, etc. too. I bring that up because maybe his estate wouldn't allow a figure to be made in his image if he truly was unhappy being associated with the show. If that would be the case, then Candy would be a good shoo-in.
                Last edited by apes3978; Aug 8, '22, 5:22 AM.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

[QUOTE=apes3978;1490176

I've read things thru the years where Pernell Roberts said he was unhappy being on the show, and that it wasn't an acting challenge and so on and so forth. And I've also read where Pernell said that a lot of that stuff was blown out of proportion, etc. too. I bring that up because maybe his estate wouldn't allow a figure to be made in his image if he truly was unhappy being associated with the show. If that would be the case, then Candy would be a good shoo-in.[/QUOTE]

—————————————————————————————————————————————————— ————————————————

Back in 1966 American Character toys made 8 inch plastic figures of the characters along with accessories like horses, wagons etc. each figure had weapons and camping accessories but they did not make Adam (Pernell Roberts) instead they made a figure with the exact same black outfit and head, they just added a mustache and called him the outlaw.

It’s clearly Adam, only with the added mustache, most likely they didn’t have the license rights to make Pernell Roberts Adam figure.

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by TrekStar

Back in 1966 American Character toys made 8 inch plastic figures of the characters along with accessories like horses, wagons etc. each figure had weapons and camping accessories but they did not make Adam (Pernell Roberts) instead they made a figure with the exact same black outfit and head, they just added a mustache and called him the outlaw.

It’s clearly Adam, only with the added mustache, most likely they didn’t have the license rights to make Pernell Roberts Adam figure.
                    Correct: By the time the figures came out, Pernell Roberts was already off the show, since he left in 1965 and the figures came out in 1966. So you're right that as such, since he wasn't under contract or anything anymore, they couldn't legally make a figure of him.

That said, I don't blame the toy company for using the head and body they way they did: I mean they had it all sculpted and tooled, etc. so they were right to want to recoup their expenses and found a good way to do it.

I've never actually seen those 'Bonanza' figures in person, although I did own one of the horses at one time. That said, I wonder how hard it would be to remove the mustache from 'The Outlaw' and turn him into Adam...

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

DC Pocket Heroes
                      Dragonriders of the Styx
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by apes3978
                        Correct: By the time the figures came out, Pernell Roberts was already off the show, since he left in 1965 and the figures came out in 1966. So you're right that as such, since he wasn't under contract or anything anymore, they couldn't legally make a figure of him.

That said, I don't blame the toy company for using the head and body they way they did: I mean they had it all sculpted and tooled, etc. so they were right to want to recoup their expenses and found a good way to do it.

I've never actually seen those 'Bonanza' figures in person, although I did own one of the horses at one time. That said, I wonder how hard it would be to remove the mustache from 'The Outlaw' and turn him into Adam...

I have never seen them in person either, in the past I bidded on ebay a Ben complete with original box and a loose Little Joe complete, unfortunately both times I was out bidded.

I thought I won the Ben figure and was pretty excited but literally at the very last second I was out bidded and lost, the person must have made a higher bid and waited till the last few seconds to bid, to this day that one still hurts, I haven’t found another complete with box that was affordable.

Finding these on ebay is not to difficult but there’s not to many out there complete with original box, most are loose and or missing parts and if you find complete ones there pretty expensive, finding the Outlaw aka. Adam is rare and if you do it’s the most expensive of the set.

To remove the mustache I guess sandpaper or paint over it?

Comment

• kept back
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 2, 2002

The Boys. Seems like a given.
                          Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• Mejo
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jun 30, 2022

What about Peter Seller's Inspector Clouseau (and Cato and Chief Inspector Dreyfus)?

Comment

• Atomikhammer
                              • Nov 20, 2012

I know Biff Bang Pow made a few, but Doctor Who...a nearly endless line could be made.
                              I also second Red Dwarf!!

Comment

• Atomikhammer
                                • Nov 20, 2012

Logans's Run. Logan, Francis and Jessica would be great. They could throw in a Holly to reuse a molded head if they wanted to. I would love a Box also but I think the tooling and costume would be more costly.
                                yes X100000000

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎