X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

DC Retro Batman 66 Action Figure - Villian's Lair Playset

This is neat and all but the lack of the United Underworld logo is a head-scratcher.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I don't get the use of the JLGL (PBHN) 66 Style Guide art in place of the world-crushing octopus.
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

The Batcycle is really nice. The playset is just okay. I've always disliked black and white figures. The B&W figures reminds me of another thing that's irritating about this line, no jumping on point. If you missed the regular Batman, Robin, Joker you're out of luck. I never saw them and have zero interest in surfer Batman, boxing Batman or B&W Batman if I can't ever find the regular one.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

If it's anything like the Batcave set, it's more in scale with Mezco's or Funko's 3.75" figures than McFarlane's 6" versions.

Besides that Batcave, I haven't bought any of the McFarlane 66 figures myself, but Cindy got the Earth Kitt Catwoman, which is quite nice. I know they have a Julie Newmar Catwoman out now too.

I still prefer the Mattel offerings over what I've seen so far, but the Batcycle may be a purchase. The diecast Hot Wheels Batcycle is pretty much in scale, but getting the figures to fit on it right is a bit of a chore.
        sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Gah! I forgot about these! I picked up Mr. Freeze and The Batcycle, both not released by Mattel. The Lair is eh, so I can skip that.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

I still prefer the Mattel offerings over what I've seen so far, but the Batcycle may be a purchase.
            I did collect all of the Mattel Batman 66 but I do like some of the new sculpts better. Especially the Joker. I think the Mattel one is a little off.

You know, I give Spin Master a lot of credit for their DC line for keeping main characters on the pegs. You might not be able to find Firefly or Grodd but collectors and kids just starting the line will have no problem finding the regular versions of Batman, Superman, Flash, Shazam, etc. and easily get a nice starter collection.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

I honestly don't know why I am buying the basic McFarlane figures since I like my Mattel figures and the Mattel Batmobile was much better. The only thing McFarlane I have opened so far is the Batcave set, which I use as a backdrop to my Mattel and FTC '66 figures. I am just a sucker for Adam West Batman merchandise.

Really cool seeing a Mr. Freeze though (no pun intended) and a scaled Batcycle.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                Yeah, I don't get the use of the JLGL (PBHN) 66 Style Guide art in place of the world-crushing octopus.
                The only work of his I've ever hated, This is disappointing.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 28, 2008

I might like the bookcase to add to a library set I have, but overall I'd probably pass. And as for the series, I still hold out hopes for a George Sanders Mr. Freeze, but I gather that's a dead end.
                  Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                  Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Can you head swap these figures? You know, are they ball jointed and you can just pop the heads off?

Comment

• publiusr
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Aug 23, 2015

The lair looks nice. Use the table for seance sets

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Just got the 66 Batcave playset. Like has already been said, it's really under-scaled. Some of the accessories, like the desk, comically so.

The bat poles are too long to really properly hook on and hang anywhere. The circular platform for the Batmobile is a thin piece of cardboard. Same cardboard as the box is made out of. What surprised me the most is the details are all stickers. Some of which were already peeling. Looked more three dimensional in the pics online. The accessories are also really thin and tend to tip over easily. Still the price wasn't bad and I got it on sale. Looks nice with Super Powers scaled figures.
                        Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 4, '22, 6:47 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^I supplemented my Mezco Batcave with it, and it really helped enhance the look of the cardboard set. It scales perfectly to those 3.75" figures. Way too small for the 6" McFarlane made.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Finally got the new 66 Batmobile and yeah, it's undersized. The 6 inch figures do fit but they are looking well over the windshield.

Now, Super Powers scaled figures fit and scale perfectly. It's just slightly longer than the Toy Biz 89 Batmobile. If you already have the Mattel 66 Batmobile for the 6 inch figures, this is still totally worth it for Super Powers figures.

batmobile66vs89.JPG

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 29, 2018

So...how do the 4 inch Batman 66 figures look in the Batcave, Villain's Lair, Batmobile, and Batcycle? Were those figures from Reaction or Mezco?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎